REAL Native American Jewelry~

You bet.
Here it is with Lorraine Waatsa (her daughter) earrings and cluster pin. I've had my Alice cuff for a long time.View attachment 4158686 Let's see that ring!
Wow! That is a top notch piece! Just amazing! That’s my dream coral cuff. I could get totally lost in it. There is such purity and peace in her work. They all are examples of one idea, carried out fully. And that set is stunning!

I posted the ring on the previous page.

Reactions: jellyv
Wow! That is a top notch piece! Just amazing! That’s my dream coral cuff. I could get totally lost in it. There is such purity and peace in her work. They all are examples of one idea, carried out fully. And that set is stunning!

I posted the ring on the previous page.
Thank you.
Just saw your newest pics---the Alice ring is truly sensational. I don't think I've seen one by her with such a large, elegantly cut center stone. And your needlepoint bracelet is exceptional--look at the color variation that comes from age and loving use.

I agree with you about the spiritual qualities of these fine pieces. But the fact is, my Alice bracelet is a bossy sort, kind of the Aretha of my collection. :smile:

Thank you.
Just saw your newest pics---the Alice ring is truly sensational. I don't think I've seen one by her with such a large, elegantly cut center stone. And your needlepoint bracelet is exceptional--look at the color variation that comes from age and loving use.

I agree with you about the spiritual qualities of these fine pieces. But the fact is, my Alice bracelet is a bossy sort, kind of the Aretha of my collection. :smile:
I can see your large AQ cluster being an ‘Aretha’! That’s a truely bold piece with lots of personality. I adore it! Thank you for the kind words about the ring and cuff. When I saw my coral ring, I fell head over heels in love with the shape of it and especially that of the center stone. I got the coral Navajo bracelet to go with it for now, but I know it needs a coral cluster at some point. They are just not that easy to find.

Reactions: Kindness3
I got the coral Navajo bracelet to go with it for now, but I know it needs a coral cluster at some point. They are just not that easy to find.

Really true. Those by Alice Q were in demand when she was still living and now are both scarce and super $$$. But Lorraine makes similar beautiful cuffs--but she tends to work in turquoise more so than coral in the bracelet form. I do have a Lorraine Morenci turq cluster cuff that's just about as handsome as this AQ bracelet.

Reactions: clairejune
Really true. Those by Alice Q were in demand when she was still living and now are both scarce and super $$$. But Lorraine makes similar beautiful cuffs--but she tends to work in turquoise more so than coral in the bracelet form. I do have a Lorraine Morenci turq cluster cuff that's just about as handsome as this AQ bracelet.
I would love to see that too! The morenci turquoise is so gorgeous. Another favorite is Blue Gem. Recently, I passed through Tucson. Of course I looked a lot at Native pieces. One old time seller told me that almost all of the American turquoise mines are depleted/mined out now. And of the turquoise still coming, 97 something odd percent is stabilized. That rare, gem quality, American turquoise is becoming very rare and much harder to find now.

Thankyou, cdtracing! I love your collection too! I forgot to mention, the second cuff posted belongs to my mother. It’s from the 1960’s. I helped her find it and we bought it together. It’s her first native piece, and she wears it everyday as a personal talisman.
Hello you have wonderful collection thank you for sharing

Reactions: clairejune
Oh no!
Didn't you get to Garland's Indian Jewelry and Hoel's Indian Shop? Two of the greatest shops in US for top quality.

I always have new things coming in and occasional finds of rare and antique pieces that I keep or sometimes sell. One recent addition:
Coral row bracelet by Ernest Roy Begay. Expert, unusual deep handstamping inside and at ends.
Lovely love pattern plus coral nice

Reactions: jellyv
Lovely bracelets! Tell us about who made them, if you care to share. That sugilite inlay is stunning and very different.
To be I honestly .I'm not sure of the artists has guitar on the back as artist symbol name suglite one . the other one I can't make out his signature inside you can see has very cool design too lots detail this one has .thank you for the wonder comments

Attachments

• 15339312769914925500408368706426.jpg
    15339312769914925500408368706426.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: cdtracing