Ramesh Nair’s Designs

Has anyone seen the Diane bag in person to be able to give some information on a comparison between the small and larger size (I'm not referring to the messenger version of the Diane bag)? I'm interested in this particular JD bag but can't get an accurate sense of difference in the 2 sizes from just the photos on their website. Thanks.
I have the Diane large one. I love it! ❤️

Reactions: _Moravia_
Agree, agree, agree. I have a JD Saint Clair bag and I looooove it. The leathers used on JD bags are topnotch -- only full grain, aniline leathers. This is the top of the top and similar in quality only to BARENIA at Hermes. And like barenia, you either love it or not. It will scratch, it will patina. But that's what makes it amazing -- the bag develops a history with you. ❤️❤️
How much can you fit in the Saint-Clair? What other bag would you compare the size to (how much if fits)? I’m considering it but worried it will be a mini bag. Do you think it holds the same as a Kelly25? Or much less? I’m able to carry a lot in my Kelly25.

same thoughts. and is it barenia that they use for the body? so far I'm intrigued.

they may be handmade, sadddle-stitched, using the finest leather, has old French legacy, blah blah blah, but they're still not hermes (even though they're on the same street, just one block away), so I hope they price them accordingly.
honestly do not agree ! the finest materials and work cost exactly the same to this new brand that cost to Hermes, probably more because they do not have the mass production volumes to back it up . Do not get mistaken by Hermes marketing !

I’m considering buying the Diane large bag, but was worried about the hardware getting scratched too easily. How’s your experience so far? :smile:
I’ve been very careful with it so not a lot of scratches so far, but I would need to use it more often and not as carefully to really know if the hardware will scratch a lot or not. The leather obviously has some scratches and starting to patina but that’s the whole point of the type of leather :smile:

Oh thanks!! The smaller bag is definitely better in my humble opinion ❤️
@The Bag Hub i was curious why you prefer then 20 over the 26. Originally I was set on the 20, but now I’m considering the 26. I haven’t seen the bags in person and only through our online appointment. I would love to hear your feedback since you have the bag and have seen them all in person. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Reactions: Mousy
@The Bag Hub i was curious why you prefer then 20 over the 26. Originally I was set on the 20, but now I’m considering the 26. I haven’t seen the bags in person and only through our online appointment. I would love to hear your feedback since you have the bag and have seen them all in person. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
@thebaghag I meant to tag you but somehow tagged the wrong person when asking my question. I am curiouss why you prefer then 20 over the 26. Originally I was set on the 20, but now I’m considering the 26. I haven’t seen the bags in person and only through our online appointment. I would love to hear your feedback since you have the bag and have seen them all in person. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

@thebaghag I meant to tag you but somehow tagged the wrong person when asking my question. I am curiouss why you prefer then 20 over the 26. Originally I was set on the 20, but now I’m considering the 26. I haven’t seen the bags in person and only through our online appointment. I would love to hear your feedback since you have the bag and have seen them all in person. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I prefer the 20 only because everything i needed fits. But also i got the lizard in the end, over the heritage leathers -- only because i had soo much trouble choosing the colors! I liked all of them equally

Reactions: kipp
I’ve been very careful with it so not a lot of scratches so far, but I would need to use it more often and not as carefully to really know if the hardware will scratch a lot or not. The leather obviously has some scratches and starting to patina but that’s the whole point of the type of leather :smile:
I love patina. Good to see you do too ❤️ I think for me, it took a long time of trying to understand leather, to have a deeper appreciation of it. ❤️

How much can you fit in the Saint-Clair? What other bag would you compare the size to (how much if fits)? I’m considering it but worried it will be a mini bag. Do you think it holds the same as a Kelly25? Or much less? I’m able to carry a lot in my Kelly25.
I can fit 2 of my samsung note 10 and s22 ultra phones in it, card case, keys, hand sanitizer, and a small foldable tote (for food shopping). Surprising it fits plenty! ❤️ And to date that's my favorite daily bag here. And the leather has patina'd so beautifully ❤️

Reactions: ohsocute8888
same thoughts. and is it barenia that they use for the body? so far I'm intrigued.

they may be handmade, sadddle-stitched, using the finest leather, has old French legacy, blah blah blah, but they're still not hermes (even though they're on the same street, just one block away), so I hope they price them accordingly.
I beg to disageee with you.

The pieces at JD are priced accordingly and funnily, the quality is way better than hermes -- I say this because I have had the benefit of comparing both brands side by side in terms of craftsmanship. I really scrutinized even the smallest details that would have otherwise evaded others -- and this I can attest to without reservation, Duclos bags (under Nair's direction) are on a league of their own. I can't say it's fair to pit Hermes and Duclos in the same group because Hermes clearly had decades of solid consumer communication and marketing whereas Duclos is still new, even with their centuries-long heritage. Hermes is already on the top when it comes to the more "commercial" luxe brands, but Duclos is definitely a strong contender with their heritage leather and exotics. Again, I only say this with conviction because I've had the benefit of side by side comparision between both ❤️

I am not quite sure now after reading the details, I originally thought it was a Nature Calf bag, which turn out to be : Nubuck calf for the flap and natural cowhide for the base of the bag.
Nubuck is okay but it's not my 1st or 2nd choice for leather bags, with maybe adding only 1 in the Saint-Clair collection and it's price tag, please allowed me to quote your words, "the bag would have to sing a siren’s song to me".
Touch and feel in personal would been a must before committed, I feel!
I wish you could touch and feel the Saint Clair bag in person. Seeing the bag up close and touching it, knowing how it was made, was a big game changer. Now I look at my bag with a lot of love, and respect for how it was made ❤️

Reactions: Mousy and LJNLori