Ralph Lauren Bags, Who has them?

I have never bought a RL bag but I have often looked at and liked them! There was a bag Jessica Simpson carried a while back, and I really loved it and thought about purchasing.

You think it's stiff because it's structured or just not a good quality? I'd have to order it to see it and if it's not worth it, I don't want to bother.

I'm a little biased because I love Ralph Lauren's higher priced line (the distressed leather on my Ricky Bag). I loved the style on the one you are showing, but I honestly didn't like the quality of the leather. It felt kind of stiff and plasticky, if you know what I mean. If it had been nice leather, I would have gotten it. The style is darling and I like the structure. It just honestly felt really cheap. While it wasn't terribly expensive, I didn't feel it was even worth that money. I was really disappointed, because I absolutely loved the style and the hardware and everything else about it.

I'm a little biased because I love Ralph Lauren's higher priced line (the distressed leather on my Ricky Bag). I loved the style on the one you are showing, but I honestly didn't like the quality of the leather. It felt kind of stiff and plasticky, if you know what I mean. If it had been nice leather, I would have gotten it. The style is darling and I like the structure. It just honestly felt really cheap. While it wasn't terribly expensive, I didn't feel it was even worth that money. I was really disappointed, because I absolutely loved the style and the hardware and everything else about it.

Yes, I know what you mean. Thanks for the info. I'm going to pass on it for now. I appreciate you saving me the trouble of having to send it back. :smile:

You know - if you like the "horsey, equestrian style," I had a friend that had an absolutely darling bag. She bought a gorgeous distressed leather hobo, and then bought a snaffle bit (a real one) from a saddle and tack store. She had a leather man make a gorgeous strap and attach it at the back bottom of the bag and then it looped across the top zipper and then the weight of the bit held the strap and bit right in the center front of the bag (kind of like the Michael Kors $600 bag that was out a year or two ago that had a round heavy thing hanging from the strap that looped over the top of the hobo.

Anyway - her bag looked like a truly gorgeous version of a gucci or hermes bag. The snaffle bit was heavy and kind of a brushed burnished gold color. She got more compliments on that bag and still wears it a lot. Everyone asks her where she got it. She usually smiles enigmatically and says "it was a gift."

You know - if you like the "horsey, equestrian style," I had a friend that had an absolutely darling bag. She bought a gorgeous distressed leather hobo, and then bought a snaffle bit (a real one) from a saddle and tack store. She had a leather man make a gorgeous strap and attach it at the back bottom of the bag and then it looped across the top zipper and then the weight of the bit held the strap and bit right in the center front of the bag (kind of like the Michael Kors $600 bag that was out a year or two ago that had a round heavy thing hanging from the strap that looped over the top of the hobo.

Anyway - her bag looked like a truly gorgeous version of a gucci or hermes bag. The snaffle bit was heavy and kind of a brushed burnished gold color. She got more compliments on that bag and still wears it a lot. Everyone asks her where she got it. She usually smiles enigmatically and says "it was a gift."

LOVE the 'horsey' look. That's a fabulous idea, I may check into that. I suppose too I could just buy an actual saddle bag and be done with it. :graucho:

AWESOME!!!!
i'm stealing this idea!!!!
:smile:
PS> can you snap a pic of your friends bag and post it?

I walked into our local Salvation Army store, looking for Halloween decos, and saw a cute little black purse, hanging on the end of a rack of clothes. When I picked it up, I was amazed to see that it was a Ralph Lauren satchel. Cute, in perfect condition, except that maybe it was missing a convertible shoulder strap--I don't know, I'm just guessing. It had no price on it, so I took it up to the cash desk. After peering at it for a bit, the lady told me, " $2.00. Plus tax." Uhm, okay. Sold.

Similar story!
I was at my local thift store and I spotted this bag, looked and felt really sturdy, high quality too, didn't know much about RL but figured its expensive! So I bought it. I had to pay 25$ though -.- but I assume its worth it?

Attachments

• 1425561632575.jpg
    1425561632575.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 151
Similar story!
I was at my local thift store and I spotted this bag, looked and felt really sturdy, high quality too, didn't know much about RL but figured its expensive! So I bought it. I had to pay 25$ though -.- but I assume its worth it?

Great find, justeen! I love this bag!😀

I've only ever seen LRL bags, and the quality is pretty good, they're on par with others in the price range, like Kate Spade. Usually very structured and classic and last for years. I would think the Ralph Lauren bags would be even better, I love the one you posted, amazing! I think Jessica Alba has that one possibly, or maybe it was T-Swift, not sure but I've seen it on someone before, and it's gorgeous.

Musicgirl- greetings fellow Alabamian! I don't see many other people from Bama on tPF :smile: