Questions About the "Send Offer Eligible" eBay Option

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I'm new to selling bags on eBay and I've never used the "Send Offer Eligible" option. Five days ago I listed a bag for "BIN or Make an Offer" and it currently has 5 Watchers but no offers and eBay is prompting me with "Send Offer Eligible" messages - but first I have a few questions.

If I send an offer now and nobody accepts it, will I be able to send another offer at a later date?

Do offers expire after a specific period of time?

Can you send new offers to the same (or only different) Watchers in the future?

How do you decide the amount to reduce the stated price when you send an offer?

Any other advice or comments about the "Send an Offer" option?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I'm new to selling bags on eBay and I've never used the "Send Offer Eligible" option. Five days ago I listed a bag for "BIN or Make an Offer" and it currently has 5 Watchers but no offers and eBay is prompting me with "Send Offer Eligible" messages - but first I have a few questions.

If I send an offer now and nobody accepts it, will I be able to send another offer at a later date?

Do offers expire after a specific period of time?

Can you send new offers to the same (or only different) Watchers in the future?

How do you decide the amount to reduce the stated price when you send an offer?

Any other advice or comments about the "Send an Offer" option?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I've sent offers and can count on one hand the number of times those offers have produced a buyer. But for those that have sold, there's never been an issue, buyers have paid and no disputes filed.

I believe the offers are either 24 or 48 hours but I can't find whether there's an option to change it.

I don't check the "allow counteroffers" button because potential buyers already have the option of making an offer since the listing has a b.o. option.

For the discounted amount, I recently started doing a percentage. (You can reduce the BIN by 5% to anything higher.) Or you can send your offer of a dollar amount that they'd buy for. (Shipping is additional if you charge for shipping and not included in the offer.)

This is what shows if you mouse over the information about those you can send offers to:Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 5.19.28 PM.png

I've sent offers and can count on one hand the number of times those offers have produced a buyer. But for those that have sold, there's never been an issue, buyers have paid and no disputes filed.

I believe the offers are either 24 or 48 hours but I can't find whether there's an option to change it.

I don't check the "allow counteroffers" button because potential buyers already have the option of making an offer since the listing has a b.o. option.

For the discounted amount, I recently started doing a percentage. (You can reduce the BIN by 5% to anything higher.) Or you can send your offer of a dollar amount that they'd buy for. (Shipping is additional if you charge for shipping and not included in the offer.)

This is what shows if you mouse over the information about those you can send offers to:View attachment 5256915

This is excellent information, thank you so much!

Reactions: BeenBurned