The Kelly Mou Thread

Agreeing with Pepper and GK here, if you have a sellier mou kelly, it is very special. In this thread,

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/question-re-kelly-mou-229703-4.html

you can read more about it, but do read to the end because there is some confusion. Style101 shows here mou sellier kelly, which does not look floppy, and S'mom shows here togo one, which has a definite relaxed slouch. Whether your bag is actually mou we cannot say without the squish test...but a sellier kelly will not fold unless it is mou, which is rare indeed! good luck, and that is a lovely bag!! IIRC these are the only sellier mou kelly bags we have had the pleasure to see! :love:

Thank you CobaltBlue, after seeing those "mous", I doubt mine is...please see attached photos. There is absolutely no slouch in my Kelly when it is standing up...what do you ladies think?

Attachments

• kellyfolded.jpg
    kellyfolded.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Reactions: LovingTheOrange
Laetitya, you can bend it, though I think the bag is saying ouch! Obviously much easier to fold a retourne flat than a sellier. I think it probably is a sellier mou. Very rare bird!

The Kelly sellier mou discussion is very interesting as I have wondered about this bag - purchased from a reseller so no original receipt to consult. Stamped G in a a square for 3002, also togo with GHW but black. It seems to have been moderately used by the previous owner, had it less than a year myself and using it lightly.

The first 3 pictures show the bag with no stuffing, after folding it up - but this is how it always looks with nothing inside.

Attachments

• kelly 2.jpg
    kelly 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 913
  • kelly 3.jpg
    kelly 3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 720
  • kelly 1 3rd try.jpg
    kelly 1 3rd try.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 764
The Kelly sellier mou discussion is very interesting as I have wondered about this bag - purchased from a reseller so no original receipt to consult. Stamped G in a a square for 3002, also togo with GHW but black. It seems to have been moderately used by the previous owner, had it less than a year myself and using it lightly.

The first 3 pictures show the bag with no stuffing, after folding it up - but this is how it always looks with nothing inside.

This does look more sellier mou than the other bag. Looks mou to me.

My rouge crinoline Kelly is the only mou that I have seen that really stays flat on its own. The leather mou Kellys just flatten so that if you want to pack them they are flat. The intention. as I understand it, is just to have a packable bag so your bag certainly fits the bill.

Last edited:
Thanks gracekelly! Perhaps the use softens them up?

I think it probably does as it is missing that extra layer of leather to keep it stiff. What I think is cool, is that you can throw another bag in a piece of carry-on and it does not take up space! Wonderful for travel. You bag is lovely!

Thank you CobaltBlue, after seeing those "mous", I doubt mine is...please see attached photos. There is absolutely no slouch in my Kelly when it is standing up...what do you ladies think?

Really depends on how much effort that took....I dont think my ardennes sellier kelly would fold under any circumstance, so it may be that your receipt is correct, the leather may not slouch like a togo mou would.

I am going to move these mou posts to the mou kelly thread. :heart:

YAY!! Another one!! :heart:

FYI, new posts were added to this thread starting on page 4.....hence the bump. :flowers:

I once asked Claude, the craftsman in New York, if I could fold my mou/souple Kellys to put them in a suitcase. His answer was do NOT do this. He also made some somewhat Gallic remarks about not believing in mou, but I could have misunderstood him!!

However, because I travel between two homes frequently I do go against his advice and pack my bags. Some are better at folding than others. I have packed folded a clemence Bolide and clemence Kellys with no problems. Although I have the same crinoline and buffalo Kelly as gracekelly does, mine does not lay flat on its own, but I would pack it if necessary as it folds well without insisting too much.

I dont think I would be comfortable folding my mou togo Kellys, the leather seems more resistant somehow.

I also find this discussion about mou fascinating. I have always wanted to own a Kelly in size 35cm that was mou sellier, but one has just never turned up.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Bababebi, I can just imagine the dark looks and Gallic grumbling about folding!

But I think my oldest clemence Bolide would easily fold for packing, thanks for the tip. I had never folded this Kelly 35 to pack, or otherwise, but it's nice to know that it can be done.

wow, I've always thought only the Kelly flat is foldable but didn't realise a mou Kelly too, could be folded similarly. I'm too chicken to try it on my 35 kelly though. :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Hi Ladies,

Would like to know more about the kelly sellier mou that are supposed to be rare finds.

1) This kelly was from asecondchanceresale listing. It is 32 kelly sellier CDC raisin. One of my grail. I was thinking too long and the bag was sold. Would like to know if this kelly is a sellier mou.

(pictures from asecondchanceresale)

Attachments

• 30838-iID{1283033530}.jpg
    30838-iID{1283033530}.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 2,428
  • 30838-iID_4{1283033531}.jpg
    30838-iID_4{1283033531}.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,526
  • 30838-iID_8{1283033748}.jpg
    30838-iID_8{1283033748}.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,010