Quality issues?

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I'm VERY interested in the all-diamond Trinity ring that has two rows of diamonds in each band (the smaller one) vs. the single diamond band Trinity ring. It's a big price difference of $17K vs. $6K so I'm taking my time with this decision. I've looked at a few rings at a few different stores and tried them both on again this weekend while on holiday. Surprisingly, the single diamond band ring was much more sparkly than the all diamond ring. I asked the SA if I could look at them with a loupe and was surprised to see a stunning difference in quality. The single diamond band ring's diamonds were set level with almost claw-like prongs. The all diamond ring's diamonds were not set level and had blob-like prongs, likely making it duller than the other ring. Has anyone else noticed an issue with Cartier's quality? If I decide on the all diamond trinity ring, I may have to have a few shipped to a boutique so that I can choose the best one. I had no idea that they would also poor craftsmanship in a piece at this price level.

If it has to have diamonds I dont like it in a trinity ring. The rings constantly rubs with each other and I could just imagine what will happen if there are diamonds.

If it has to have diamonds I dont like it in a trinity ring. The rings constantly rubs with each other and I could just imagine what will happen if there are diamonds.
This is why I'm leaning toward the all diamond one so that the gold doesn't get scratched. I just can't believe the lack of quality of a $17K piece.