Putting Natural Color Florentine Satchel in Blue Dooney Dustbag

You should be fine. I have a Florentine Natural tote sitting in its dustbag with no color transfer issues. I also have a Florentine Sloan in the color Bone as well that does not bleed from the dustbag.

I would NOT put a natural or any lighter color handbag in a dark dust bag.
I don't care what Dooney or anyone else says. Especially when I am dealing with a porous leather like Florentine. If there is a problem, it will end up being your problem and Dooney won't (can't) fix it.

Why take a chance of color transfer if the leather rests against the dust bag in an environment that creates a 'perfect storm' like heat or humidity or friction?

I use light colored pillow cases (or pillow protectors) for all my light colored handbags. Either use old ones from your linen closet or buy some inexpensive ones. I look for at least 50% cotton, so the leather can breathe in the pillow case, all cotton is even better if you can find it. Just be sure to wash the pillow case/pillow protector first.
That's my opinion for what it is worth.

I don't care what Dooney or anyone else says. Especially when I am dealing with a porous leather like Florentine. If there is a problem, it will end up being your problem and Dooney won't (can't) fix it.

Why take a chance of color transfer if the leather rests against the dust bag in an environment that creates a 'perfect storm' like heat or humidity or friction?

I use light colored pillow cases (or pillow protectors) for all my light colored handbags. Either use old ones from your linen closet or buy some inexpensive ones. I look for at least 50% cotton, so the leather can breathe in the pillow case, all cotton is even better if you can find it. Just be sure to wash the pillow case/pillow protector first.

This sounds very sensible. There is no point in asking for trouble. Thanks!

@Valeriee, personally I use Dooney's blue bags for dark color bags only. I use off white bags for all the lighter bags - I don't want any surprises like color transfer. The light bags came from Amazon in sets of 3, called Misslo bags. They're super soft - Much softer than Dooney's - & are more substantial material. They've worked out really really well.

Reactions: Lunalark
@Valeriee, personally I use Dooney's blue bags for dark color bags only. I use off white bags for all the lighter bags - I don't want any surprises like color transfer. The light bags came from Amazon in sets of 3, called Misslo bags. They're super soft - Much softer than Dooney's - & are more substantial material. They've worked out really really well.
I love the Misslo bags. I use them on all my light bags. So soft!

Reactions: Lilybarb

for my natural florentine satchel ... i put in a pillowcase ! I am too afraid of the color transfer. However for my tmoro florentine satchel.. i use the blue one it comes with!

Dark dust bags only for dark handbags....black, navy, dark brown, dark grey, Bordeaux.
And lighter color bags go in a light color pillow case or dust bag.
When I can I coordinate the color of the bag with the handbag.... I'll use a grey
Brahmin dust bag on a grey Dooney! Or an old pink pillow case on a pink handbag.
But most of the time it's a white pillow case.

These handbags are too expensive to risk any color transfer from a dark dust bag onto
lighter shades of leather.

Reactions: HannaS1001

Agreed. Mine is in a white pillow case