purse/city comparison?

I had a Purse for a short period of time, and it is a nice size but has no width to it. The pics everyone has posted are really good for comparison, and you might also note that there is a "semicircle" detailing on the bottom corners of the Purse that I have not seen on other Balenciaga bags. The handles are longer than on the City, so it is easier to get on the shoulder, but it has no shoulder strap option. Just FYI, the City always has a better resale value than the Purse because it is more "in demand." ;)

^^^Thanks first! I really think the work is the one for me! LOL I am so undecisve which color to get! I have a black work and want a color I can wear with everything- I wear a lot of black.

I really would love lilac but it will be hard to find a great lilac with nice leather. I also am loving the caramel '05 too! But it is hard to find. Maybe I'll go look at the camel '06 at Barney's this week or I think I may like the caramel S/S '06 caramel- but can't find a picture of anyone who has one! I also heard the leather on the S/S '06 Caramel wasn't great. I wish someone would post a picture of it.

If you wear a lot of black, then personally I wuld go for a bright color bag so the bag stands out and you get some color in your life :smile: I find that for B-bags, all their colors seem to go with everything you wear (or maybe I'm just partial) so please don't go for the common basics like black or brown again...be brave gal, go for a bright cherry color that will brighten your work day!!

I've been thinking about a "purse" style b-bag as my next bag too. I adore my city bags and my fbf - but maybe something I can wear over the shoulder for my next one???

My best friend just bought the Purse in Rouge and I bought the First in Greige --- When you put them side by side the detail on the First seems to be better, mostly because of the size difference as the Purse has a larger unadorned expanse of leather. For me, it doesn't quite work but the size is great. ;)

It is too bad cause it seems more popular than some of the other styles, at least on this forum. Maybe it will be reincarnated - I read somewhere it was discontinued previously and then returned with a different name. Let's hope!

^^^Thanks first! I really think the work is the one for me! LOL I am so undecisve which color to get! I have a black work and want a color I can wear with everything- I wear a lot of black.

I really would love lilac but it will be hard to find a great lilac with nice leather. I also am loving the caramel '05 too! But it is hard to find. Maybe I'll go look at the camel '06 at Barney's this week or I think I may like the caramel S/S '06 caramel- but can't find a picture of anyone who has one! I also heard the leather on the S/S '06 Caramel wasn't great. I wish someone would post a picture of it.
Zacorey, I have the caramel S/S 06 in the work. The picture is in the thread you posted for me about my caramel bags a few weeks back. You will really love this color, it goes with EVERYTHING, especially looks great against black. You will not go wrong with this color!

I have to agree. I know everyone wants the old leather, but I LOVE MY CAMEL 06 CITY. Is the leather the same as 03 (no more distressed) 04 (no, not as thick) 05 (no, not as uniformed and thick) WHY DO I LOVE IT!!

IT IS NOT TOO "VEINY" It has deep creasing with just enough shine. The smell is amazing and the color is WONDERFUL (very much brown with small amount of burnt orange undertones..STILL BROWN) The color is light/medium and very easy to maintain. It is not "dry" and yes the leather is thinner, but after I did LMB, it is GREAT!!!

I know I am the minority probably, but I LOVE ALL THE YEARS OF BALENCIAGE LEATHER! They are different, but very classy and well made no matter what the year is. AND I LOVE THE COLOR OF THE 06 CAMEL

For me the city is bigger or at least I can fit more. It has a flatter bottom where the purse is flat and has no real bottom to stand the bag on.