Chanel in Europe

Welcome to Dublin ! :smile: Always good stock, especially black classic flap or reissue. Only one time I heard about black classic mini in caviar, which was in awaiting list.

Hi guys i m not sure if i can post this here but I with be going to Europe for 2 weeks with only one luggage and am planning to buy a Chanel Jumbo. As you know the box is quite big so.I am wondering if the store in Paris and Germany is able to ship back the box while I take the bag? TIA for any kind help

Hi guys i m not sure if i can post this here but I with be going to Europe for 2 weeks with only one luggage and am planning to buy a Chanel Jumbo. As you know the box is quite big so.I am wondering if the store in Paris and Germany is able to ship back the box while I take the bag? TIA for any kind help
when i bought my bags in paris, i told my sa about my luggage issue. all the boxes in the back are flat and not put together. she gave them to me that way and i put them together once i got home. just let them know and you should be fine.

I know the stores can ship the bags to you, so they should be able to ship the boxes. Those boxes are difficult to carry around and I usually end up living them in Europe and bringing only the bags (shoes, or whatever items) inside the dust bags. If I really want to bring a box (very unusual), I fill it with clothes, this way it doesn't take much space inside my suitcase.

Hi ladies,

I have a question about large purchases in Europe. What do you ladies use ex: credit cards, debit card or cash? I been to Europe and purchased items but not large purchases. The credit cards charge a fee. I would appreciate your responses.

Using your debit card may also incur a foreign transaction fee. As tinyturtle mentioned, some credit cards offer no foreign transaction fees. I would never shell out thousands of £ or € to pay for an item, (mainly bc I'm scared of carrying so much cash on me), though I do see foreign tourists doing that.

I've made purchases in Europe before and the SA asked me if I would like my transaction charged in US dollars or euros. If you are from the US and this option is available, choose US dollars, it will save you foreign currency fee - which I believe is around 3% for Visa.

I've made purchases in Europe before and the SA asked me if I would like my transaction charged in US dollars or euros. If you are from the US and this option is available, choose US dollars, it will save you foreign currency fee - which I believe is around 3% for Visa.

Did you get a vat back in the items? Also did you have to pay custom taxes or can you just claim as gift? Or wear it?

Did you get a vat back in the items? Also did you have to pay custom taxes or can you just claim as gift? Or wear it?

I did not even try to get vat back, and it was just under the $800 allowance for US customs. I would imagine that as long as you are charged local tax, you should be able to get the refund.

It was a fine jewelry piece that I bought in Rome from a local jewelry store (not a Chanel boutique) and I was also able to make a purchase at Herrods in London and the SA charged my cc in US dollars.

Just ask the SA if they can do it before the purchase it is really helpful if they can or are willing to do it.

Actually the converted US dollar price already has a surcharge of at least 2-3% tacked on by the processing bank. If you have a credit card that doesn't charge any foreign transaction fee it is better to ask for the amount to be charged in the foreign currency. I use the Chase British Airways visa and the Citi HHonours visa, both do not charge any foreign transaction fee.