Purchased Small Uptown Tote from Saks...no authenticity card?

hanaleipage

Oct 10, 2020
I just received and unboxed my Small Uptown Tote (9" X 9"). Along with my receipt from Saks Fifth Avenue (which I am keeping in a plastic bag within the duster), it came with the standard duster bags for the purse and interior flap-top pouch. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that it would come with an authenticity card or care instructions, so I checked for one everywhere.

I did come across a couple of other posts that mentioned their YSL purchase not coming with a card nor instructions. It is just curious that on the Saks website, for example, the Small Monogram Matelassé Leather Wallet-On-Chain explicitly states that it includes a dust bag and authenticity card.

I'm not doubting my handbag's authenticity, but have some questions for more frequent buyers of YSL:
  • What is your experience?
  • Why would some items come with card/care instructions while others do not?
  • If it is of utmost importance to acquire the card, how would I go about it?

Thank you!

Just an update:

I contacted Saks via Twitter direct message. They informed me that the bag was supposed to come with a card and that they would contact the warehouse to have one sent.

Another update (and incredibly frustrated):

I received this message from Saks' Twitter account: "Hello! Please accept our sincerest apologies. They have advised that the authenticity card does come with each back. Unfortunately, they will not be able to send another card but each individual bag has it. We will be happy to accommodate you with a $50 gift card. Please confirm your email address. ^TS"

The message confused me. So the card does come with each bag, but they are not able to send another? Even though I never got the card to begin with?

So I called Saks and the representative told me that it does not come with a card.

Help! I don't know what to do. Regardless, I am [always] going to hold onto the receipt as proof of purchase.

Another update (and incredibly frustrated):

I received this message from Saks' Twitter account: "Hello! Please accept our sincerest apologies. They have advised that the authenticity card does come with each back. Unfortunately, they will not be able to send another card but each individual bag has it. We will be happy to accommodate you with a $50 gift card. Please confirm your email address. ^TS"

The message confused me. So the card does come with each bag, but they are not able to send another? Even though I never got the card to begin with?

So I called Saks and the representative told me that it does not come with a card.

Help! I don't know what to do. Regardless, I am [always] going to hold onto the receipt as proof of purchase.
Can you return it and buy another? If the website says it comes with a card then it should come with it. I would think that all Saint Laurent bags come with the card. I've only bought inside the boutique and once on eBay but the card was included.