Price increases 2020

https://www.********.com/us-tariff-threat-looms-over-hermes-and-chanel-bags/

Does anyone know how true this is?
Yes, it is true that there is a possibility it will happen. Much is uncertain at present. I noticed one presidential candidate said he would stop the trade war with EU if he wins. We dont know for sure that the 25% tariff will happen. I sure hope not!! I wont be buying if they do it!

For what it’s worth price increases had already started in China and it was done by category. For silk it increased on December 14th. 90 silk for example went from 3600 to 3750, 70 silk from 2700 to 2800. Then it was jewelry’s turn yesterday / two days ago I think, for fashion jewelry for example pop H necklace went up from 3000 to 3250 and pop H earrings from 3450 to 3550. For fine jewelry like finesse bracelet I saw a report of 37400 to 39750. All prices CNY. I found the reports on their SNS app (RED) and they have screenshots of the official website before and after increases. If you do the math the percentage is lower than 10%, like 3-6%. Bags are reportedly going up on 12/29 or some time soon.

Also, it seems that there is a rumor of 10% increase on January 1st like *every year*, sometimes that turns out to be more true and sometimes less true. Is it possible that there is another round starting 1/1? Of course, and it feels like we may be heading that way, but that’s kinda always been known since H tends to do that. It was the question that started of this thread, and another for 2012, and another for 2014 (that I just found searching within this forum). I would say that unless the news is from your SA or a very trustworthy H source, there is no need to believe that what they say is exactly how it will happen. But generally speaking, expecting a price increase starting in January is not a surprising idea or some genius, out of the blue prediction because of past trend.

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any strong indications from the incoming administration on whether they will follow through with the current administration’s threats to increase tariffs on certain French goods (including handbags) by 25% (in retaliation for the “digital tax” that apparently will be levied against American tech companies next year). So aside from HOP’s annual price increases, there is a decent chance that folks in the US might be paying a LOT more next year for their orange goodies. If anyone has any updates/insight on the situation, please feel free to share.

• Sad
Reactions: madamelizaking
I noticed that on h.com ( U.S. site) some shoes had a price increase (around $50 more). One example is the Ancora Loafer, I believe it was $860 and now it is $910. However I'm not seeing a price increase on all shoes so it could also be an odd case. Curious if they are going to roll out more as we approach 2021.

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any strong indications from the incoming administration on whether they will follow through with the current administration’s threats to increase tariffs on certain French goods (including handbags) by 25% (in retaliation for the “digital tax” that apparently will be levied against American tech companies next year). So aside from HOP’s annual price increases, there is a decent chance that folks in the US might be paying a LOT more next year for their orange goodies. If anyone has any updates/insight on the situation, please feel free to share.

I have been wondering the same thing! The news has mostly focused on Brexit, and how that would impact the price of goods in the UK. I have not read any current updates about the tarriffs on French goods in the US.