Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

Yes, I know this is true but it seems CornishMon also has a great relationship with the manager at her store, and she stated that we will most likely not see an increase...[emoji780][emoji780][emoji780]

The manager at my store, who I'm having lunch with tomorrow, as well as the operations manager at the other boutique in another state which I do business with and is a close personal friend, have told me there's no increase coming anytime soon.

Was wondering if anyone knows when LV will be having another price increase.

I'm not sure. I purchased my Speedy 25 in November 2014 and I can tell you the price has not gone up on that item.

However, some of the other items have gone up in price since that date. I wish I had a better answer for you! Just an observation, but it appears that some of the newer and popular items seem to have gone up in price. For example, I bought my Adele wallet in 9/2015 for $470 and it's now $560.

There is a thread in the shopping section that has an on-going discussion of this.
My SA says that he hasn't heard of an across the board increase coming, and I believe that, but I also know that they really are not permitted to say or advertise that one is coming, and that they could get into trouble if they do.

I think instead of an across-the-board price increase, LV has been doing item-based price increase in the recent years (correct me if I am wrong), especially for popular items. For example, Pochette Metis went up $50 sometime in the last couple of months. So this sort of price increase is kind of hard to prepare for.

From experience it's roughly twice a year, say every 6 months. However having said that not every item has an increase, it's selective, also the increased $ amount varies a lot as well. A price increase happened a few months ago (approx Jan 2016), so when is the next increase is anyone's guess.

From experience it's roughly twice a year, say every 6 months. However having said that not every item has an increase, it's selective, also the increased $ amount varies a lot as well. A price increase happened a few months ago (approx Jan 2016), so when is the next increase is anyone's guess.

I don't believe that's the case in the USA, except on a few specific items.

Was wondering if anyone knows when LV will be having another price increase.

This is the thread discussing prices increases: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/price-increase-908710-63.html

I think instead of an across-the-board price increase, LV has been doing item-based price increase in the recent years (correct me if I am wrong), especially for popular items. For example, Pochette Metis went up $50 sometime in the last couple of months. So this sort of price increase is kind of hard to prepare for.
+1 I think they are doing the increases on new releases and newer items. IMO this is a good strategy because there is less sticker shock compared to a speedy that's been around forever and people remember back when it was $500 (and less).

I have been noticing that too. I'm starting to think they changed strategy...

Yes yesterday I went to the boutique, and my SA said the same thing. Item based price increase.
UNICEF necklace will increase by €100 in the next few days. She told me because after buying the bracelet I was contemplating the necklace. Didn't buy in the end because it was a little shorter than I like.

Yes yesterday I went to the boutique, and my SA said the same thing. Item based price increase.
UNICEF necklace will increase by €100 in the next few days. She told me because after buying the bracelet I was contemplating the necklace. Didn't buy in the end because it was a little shorter than I like.

The UNICEF necklace is really quite underwhelming. I tried it on too and was not impressed at all.

If I want to donate $200 to charity I will just do that. No need to pay $300 for a necklace when Tiffany is right across with better stuff in that price range....

The UNICEF necklace is really quite underwhelming. I tried it on too and was not impressed at all.

If I want to donate $200 to charity I will just do that. No need to pay $300 for a necklace when Tiffany is right across with better stuff in that price range....
My thoughts exactly! I really wanted to like it because of the charity aspect. But it was so danity I was afraid it would catch on something and snap.