Poshmark

would you be reluctant to sell to someone who has no history and nothing in her closet? has been on posh for 18 months or so
you're talking about me right?! LOL 😅

i can understand you being cautious. but what you described is me for real - i don't & have not sold anything on there. and i've only bought a handful of items from there too. i do check out the sellers history, and feedback. all of my transactions have gone smoothly, and the items were as described.

you're talking about me right?! LOL 😅

i can understand you being cautious. but what you described is me for real - i don't & have not sold anything on there. and i've only bought a handful of items from there too. i do check out the sellers history, and feedback. all of my transactions have gone smoothly, and the items were as described.
we all have to start somewhere....I was just surprised to see no history and nothing in her closet....unusual on Posh. But we did the deal so hopefully she will be happy and I'll be happy to make the sale

would you be reluctant to sell to someone who has no history and nothing in her closet? has been on posh for 18 months or so
I would hope that has little impact. I just learned about poshmark and Mercari last year and started purchasing from poshmark and Mercari. If sellers didn’t want to sell to a newbie, how would a person new to the site purchase anything they liked? I’ve always shopped eBay since 2004 with no issues.

There are some real scammers out there but not everyone is like that. I always pay thru PayPal and haven’t really had any issues.

My favorite complaint topic is Poshmark. I have complained endlessly on PF as a seller.

I think I am finally done. I have been digging through my closets and drawers for the past 18 months. Here is another complaint: online purchasing and sizing. For reference---I need to lose weight prior to Summer, but currently 5'1" and 111 pounds. I am a hard fit. I have clothing that currently fits with labels of XXS - L. Crazy!

As for Poshmark and expensive prices, as a seller, the prices people ask are nuts. I try for fair prices and get rid of it in quick order.

I made my last sale and my closet is closed, but I am curious about feedback from D&B buyers about my previous Alto sales.

I feel I can disclose because I am now a FORMER seller. The last four items were sold as bundled items to a frequent and nice buyer. The real selling prices were 1) LK Bennett claret coat NWT $50.00, Jimmy Choo New boots $40.00, La Ligne sweater NWT $39.00 and Sea NY 100% cashmere sweater NWT $40.00.

Yeah! No more selling for me. I made three donation drop offs this week. Why all the crazy sizes? I was on gabapentin for nerve pain. I asked my physician if my water weight gain was due to medication. He said, "No, you're just fat." I went off the med under Dr. supervision and dropped 30 pounds in 30 days. Fashionwise, it was a very expensive medication to be on. Want to see my Alto bags that have been sold? Under my husband's seller name of mdsanzone. Hope you all think I was fair.

I would definitely be a little worried about that only because of the 2nd scammer incident I've had on Poshmark. Basically someone bought a $25 dress I had and sent me a cashier's check and claimed their husband's secretary accidentally put their daughters hospital bill on the same check and needed me to send the $1,250.00 to her. The person was very pushy and I reported it to Poshmark, the bank in California where the cashier's check was supposedly from, and the business on the $9.00 overnight postage they used as a return address. I knew immediately it was scam when I opened the mail and obviously some people fall for this because of the $9.00 they spent to send it. There was nothing more I could've done except to not do any business outside of the app or PayPal. The scammer wanted me to venmo them, go to Walmart n Western Union and as a last resort send them cash. They kept telling me to deposit it in my banks ATM. Needless to say I do know some people use Poshmark to just buy things and don't really have anything to sell. The only thing I'd be worried about is sending ur Dooney to them and they don't accept it and don't send it back. This has never happened to me and I'm assuming Poshmark still releases the payment to u but honestly I don't know. Good question and I'm going to look into it. I've sold and bought quite a few Dooneys and coach and all but the one time went smoothly. And Poshmark really stepped up to fix the questionable Dooney I bought. I do think what ur doing by looking at the buyer and their account is what u should do and I do the same. If you are having a bad feeling about it I've always learned is something to not ignore but also email Poshmark and ask what they suggest. They've always gotten back to me within 24 hours and are very helpful. Sorry that's so long and I hope it works out. Let me know how it goes.
Yes, these people are shameless. I am a former seller, and many times I would put a new listing up and immediately get a requesting additional pictures and send to their phone. Ugh! My husband and I would make jokes about how many minutes it would take for someone claiming their phone was not working, but they wanted to buy something for their next door neighbor's cousins nephew's girlfriend. I am sure you get the drift. Posh is full of this.

My favorite complaint topic is Poshmark. I have complained endlessly on PF as a seller.

I think I am finally done. I have been digging through my closets and drawers for the past 18 months. Here is another complaint: online purchasing and sizing. For reference---I need to lose weight prior to Summer, but currently 5'1" and 111 pounds. I am a hard fit. I have clothing that currently fits with labels of XXS - L. Crazy!

As for Poshmark and expensive prices, as a seller, the prices people ask are nuts. I try for fair prices and get rid of it in quick order.

I made my last sale and my closet is closed, but I am curious about feedback from D&B buyers about my previous Alto sales.

I feel I can disclose because I am now a FORMER seller. The last four items were sold as bundled items to a frequent and nice buyer. The real selling prices were 1) LK Bennett claret coat NWT $50.00, Jimmy Choo New boots $40.00, La Ligne sweater NWT $39.00 and Sea NY 100% cashmere sweater NWT $40.00.

Yeah! No more selling for me. I made three donation drop offs this week. Why all the crazy sizes? I was on gabapentin for nerve pain. I asked my physician if my water weight gain was due to medication. He said, "No, you're just fat." I went off the med under Dr. supervision and dropped 30 pounds in 30 days. Fashionwise, it was a very expensive medication to be on. Want to see my Alto bags that have been sold? Under my husband's seller name of mdsanzone. Hope you all think I was fair.
My goodness! I would have bought out your closet with those prices…
I’m going to the peek at your closet

Reactions: KiltyR45

OMG you were giving bags away at those prices. Oh yes indeed I would have been ALLLLLLLLLL OVER YOUR CLOSET. I wouldn’t have even made an offer because the prices are GREAT!

Reactions: KiltyR45
Swooning that purple viola… at that price…. Yes please and the alto Amelia would have been added to my collection. Your prices were more than fair. Beautiful bags fabulous condition… well worth what you asked and more. In my opinion

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I donated twice what I sold and am so glad my selling is done.

Imagine all the D&B Alto bags I could have purchased with that money. Handbags almost always work no matter height and weight. A big reason to love them.

• Love
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Yes, these people are shameless. I am a former seller, and many times I would put a new listing up and immediately get a requesting additional pictures and send to their phone. Ugh! My husband and I would make jokes about how many minutes it would take for someone claiming their phone was not working, but they wanted to buy something for their next door neighbor's cousins nephew's girlfriend. I am sure you get the drift. Posh is full of this.
I see this A LOT in comments, also asking for pix to be sent to their email. What’s the deal with this?

I’m a buyer, and have only bought a handful of items. It’s when I’m really looking for something, I spend time on PM. I mostly buy from GoodwillFinds, ShopGoodwill, and ThredUp.

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I donated twice what I sold and am so glad my selling is done.

Imagine all the D&B Alto bags I could have purchased with that money. Handbags almost always work no matter height and weight. A big reason to love them.
Well, If you do get the urge to sell again, perhaps you can send us D&B TPF friends an invite to shop your closet first …

• Love
I see this A LOT in comments, also asking for pix to be sent to their email. What’s the deal with this?

I’m a buyer, and have only bought a handful of items. It’s when I’m really looking for something, I spend time on PM. I mostly buy from GoodwillFinds, ShopGoodwill, and ThredUp.
I don't understand the criminal mind, but I think they want to get your email address and go from there and start their mischief.