Popularity of Whiskey Legacy

:wlae: Hey! There's a number of people from MI on here!

Anyhow - I live in the northern Detriot metropolitan area (up by Troy/Rochester Hills/Auburn Hills) - and I haven't seen a legacy bag in use yet... I have been behind people in line at the coach store in Troy purchasing them though!!

i :heart: how no one else carries my bag, although my coworkers do have the ali in siganture (2)

i do see people wearing the legacy bags but its often in the store, and once in a blue moon i'd see someone wearing it outside of work.

just know that coach made about 1,000-2,000 for their inventory in jax, and sent out maybe max of 20 (for the really huge volume stores) to just two to three in the beginning, and unless they made more, i'd say the total for each color would be under 3,000. it's not that much for united states considering our population

and

speaking for my store, most of our clients are international. they're from singapore, mexico, korea, england, spain, ireland, austrilla, japan, china, taiwan, hong kong, canada....

they buy up a lot of our bags

I'm from the Midwest (KC-area) and I see a lot of the signature bags around town, but I have yet to see a leather or suede legacy bag in use by someone other than me.

Chuggie-You are in the KC area. Me too.

I haven't seen many legacy bags. I have seen a load of signature stripe totes. I guess that is because it has been out longer and has come in so many different colors. I have seen a lot of holiday patchwork lately, which has prompted me to let go of mine.

I have also been seeing so many fakes around here. Maybe I just know more now and can spot one a mile away. I really need to have a intervention with people that work with me about buying fake bags.

I'm going to guess it's because of the price point. I live in a pretty small town outside of chicago and for my town the leather versions at $500 a pop is a bit pricey. In the city I've only seen one though, so who knows???

i :heart: how no one else carries my bag, although my coworkers do have the ali in siganture (2)

i do see people wearing the legacy bags but its often in the store, and once in a blue moon i'd see someone wearing it outside of work.

just know that coach made about 1,000-2,000 for their inventory in jax, and sent out maybe max of 20 (for the really huge volume stores) to just two to three in the beginning, and unless they made more, i'd say the total for each color would be under 3,000. it's not that much for united states considering our population

and

speaking for my store, most of our clients are international. they're from singapore, mexico, korea, england, spain, ireland, austrilla, japan, china, taiwan, hong kong, canada....

Ms-Whitney:

I have a Legacy Shoulder bag in whiskey. I love it . I am glad to know that Coach did not make too many of these bags as they are really special. I hope that Coachdoes not retire the whiskey color and hopefully they will produce some new bags in the Legacy line for Fall 2007 with this color leather. It reminds me of the British tan from the Bonnie Cashin days.
As always thanks for all of the information you SA's provide.

Bags4Bubbles, I got my bag at 12 Oaks, but my initial at Somerset...My daughter loves to shop at Urban outfitters there, only one in MI. I like to stroll by the LV store too. lol

I live in the northern VA - Wash DC area, and I've seen a bunch of ladies wearing the Legacy shoulder, Ali and shoulder zip here - leather and signature. I spot them mostly at the shopping malls. I don't think anyone wants to smudge their pretty bags on the subway systems, and they probably use alternative bags to "beat up" for work.

I haven't seen anyone carying a Whiskey Legacy bag...but me.

I have seen different women carying; a Black Ali, a white shoulder, a pond Satchel, a Signature Shoulder with gold trim (which I thought was UGLY!)

All but one of these women were in the Coach outlet (2 different trips) The one (black Ali - was in a restaraunt - she was at the next table.)

The thing about these leather bags is the more they are used the better the "patina" they get - think baseball glove. They are not meant to be protected....they will dry out if they are not used.

and

did you get the ali?

I'm from the Midwest (Indianapolis area) and I see a lot of the signature bags (usually totes or swingpacks), but I have yet to see another leather legacy bag besides mine. I guess we're just the lucky ones!

I'm in the KC area and I see coach bags every time I'm out shopping. As for the legacy, I've seen two Ali bags in whiskey but that's it. I do get a million compliments on my shoulder bag in whiskey. It's my favorite bag, I love it so much.