Pony hair loss!! Can it be fixed?

classicsgirl

Bag Lover Downunder
Feb 6, 2008
I have a 2006 pony har city bag and I don't know how it happened, but it must have scraped against something because there is now a streakon the back where the hair has been scraped off. Is it possible to fix this? Please help! :sweatdrop:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is no way of replacing the natural hair that has rubbed off from the skin. I hear your pain as i had the same experience as you on my 06 holiday first, i sold it after that and still miss it to this day =( It's a hide that really needs careful babying!!

Isn't the eventual hair loss on pony hair bags inevitable?

I came across a well-worn one at a consignment store a while back. It had an enormous bald patch. I wondered what it would look like if the rest of the fur was shaved off. :shrugs:

LOL:woot: I am laughing on the outside but I'm hysterically crying on the inside. My favorite Kate Spade of all time a boar skin and pony hair bag has finally decided to shed. There is good news and bad news.

Bad news: there are 4 distinct spots, the largest being 1/2 inch wide but 1 1/2 inch long and two dime areas, I also see a pin area and think all of this is on one side of the bag due to my displaying it against a door (I have over 700 bags , so some inevitably end up on the wall) I have about 15 pony hair bags and none have done this yet.

The good news: the skin underneath this bag is black just like the pony hair and the skin is exquisitely smooth. Will I still carry this bag? rarely--it is just not the same since it was damaged. Do I really know what happened? NO. I was on a trip and there appeared to be a small bald spot--I am betting that long trips in a car and then in luggage with my shoes was NOT a good idea--regardless of a dust cover. I am humbled by this and yeah--upset--but on the bright side--maybe I should let the bag wear down all over and sport it as some kind of monochromatic "black on black leopard skin job" LOL

Reactions: Reedivine
I was wondering the same thing. I recently purchased a Louis Vuitton Damier Sauvage Satchel @ an online consignment shop. It has a few balding spots but, I still like the bag. I wondered could I still wear it after the hair comes off.

Hi, this might sound mad. I’m thinking of buying one as always wanted a lily but don’t need one so was looking for a bargain. So, found one and as expected some small wear on the back. Now bearing in mind once wearing it no one can really see it, could you not disguise that patch with boot polish? This is what I do with all my Mulberry corners etc.. to good effect. Clearly up close it will be obvious, but for the odd evening out, would that not be enough to not make it so obvious and possibly allow you to get away with it? I’ve never owned calf hair for this very reason hence my asking. What do you think? Just remember I’m only suggesting to camaflouge not repair, but I also don’t want it too look obviously camouflaged lol. Thank you