Scarves Pocket square chic? LOVE EM? Show us how to do it!!

How do you do this so they look so cute?! When I try to do one in MrBcat's pocket it never looks this good!

Not knowing what you have tried before or not, please forgive my rather general approach:

Basically this is just a "two point" fold. Like it is shown here for example: https://www.theknot.com/content/how-to-fold-a-pocket-square

What makes this look a little more "fluff" is the fact that with the 45 size Gavroche, you fold it in half, two times, before you attempt the actual "two point" fold.

Also silk is a lot harder to keep in shape. (Hence the half-folding first, you have "more" to work with then. :smile: )

You can also play around with the fact that, after the two times folding in half, you end up with closed and open folds/creases. I marked it in the picture. (Hope this makes sense) As you can see, I did, and it's also partly responsible for the added "fluff".

IMG_1007 - Arbeitskopie 3.jpg

Personally, with printed and/or woven silk pocket squares, I don't think it has to be a perfect geometric figure. If you look close, you will notice mine isn't as well. Plus you really can't do much to keep it in shape and position for a really long time, except maybe by using a clasp pin. (Which is most likely used for photo ops, runway, advertising ...)

With a plain (white) cotton pocket square you can simply starch, fold and then iron ... ;)

Hope this helps. :smile: And please don't hesitate to ask if something makes no sense, english is not my native language.

Kind regards & happy pocket-square folding!
Oliver

Hi - Thank you for sharing. I will forward/practise to my SIL who loves wearing pocket square but wears it in only one way. Cheers :smile:

Hope this helps. :smile: And please don't hesitate to ask if something makes no sense, english is not my native language.

Oliver[/QUOTE]

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
How do you do this so they look so cute?! When I try to do one in MrBcat's pocket it never looks this good!

Thank you very much for the kind words!:blush: :flowers: (Sorry, I forgot that in my earlier post and I can't edit that anymore)

No better way to wear a pocket square!

Thank you very much for the kind words! :blush: :flowers:

Hi - Thank you for sharing. I will forward/practise to my SIL who loves wearing pocket square but wears it in only one way. Cheers :smile:

Oliver
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your kind words! :flowers: Hope your SIL has fun using that bit of information. :smile:

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: bunnycat
Not knowing what you have tried before or not, please forgive my rather general approach:

Basically this is just a "two point" fold. Like it is shown here for example: https://www.theknot.com/content/how-to-fold-a-pocket-square

What makes this look a little more "fluff" is the fact that with the 45 size Gavroche, you fold it in half, two times, before you attempt the actual "two point" fold.

Also silk is a lot harder to keep in shape. (Hence the half-folding first, you have "more" to work with then. :smile: )

You can also play around with the fact that, after the two times folding in half, you end up with closed and open folds/creases. I marked it in the picture. (Hope this makes sense) As you can see, I did, and it's also partly responsible for the added "fluff".

View attachment 4582978

Personally, with printed and/or woven silk pocket squares, I don't think it has to be a perfect geometric figure. If you look close, you will notice mine isn't as well. Plus you really can't do much to keep it in shape and position for a really long time, except maybe by using a clasp pin. (Which is most likely used for photo ops, runway, advertising ...)

With a plain (white) cotton pocket square you can simply starch, fold and then iron ... ;)

Oliver

Thank you! :hugs: I will give this a try next time MrBcat has a performance. :yes:

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
Showing off my latest pocket square Pas de Lezards which has tiny dinosaurs, tiny hungry dinosaurs which have munched on the H tag :biggrin:. What really sold me on it is the detailing - the eyes are all miniscule luminous turquoise dots. Worn here with the Year of the Dragon, which I thought was appropriate because dinos are "terror dragons" in Chinese, and the brighter cw contrasts with the dark bordeaux, steel blue and grey.
View attachment 4582943

That is soooo darn cute!!!!

Showing off my latest pocket square Pas de Lezards which has tiny dinosaurs, tiny hungry dinosaurs which have munched on the H tag :biggrin:. What really sold me on it is the detailing - the eyes are all miniscule luminous turquoise dots. Worn here with the Year of the Dragon, which I thought was appropriate because dinos are "terror dragons" in Chinese, and the brighter cw contrasts with the dark bordeaux, steel blue and grey.
View attachment 4582943
SO! Cute!
(Also Terror Dragons - :giggle: - but not wrong!)

Reactions: turfnsurf
View attachment 4582943

Nice design! Is this like the men's pocket square size 16x16 inches?

Hi everyone, returning from a short hiatus here. Was catching up on the scarf threads which naturally led to some 'just browsing' on ebay...
..couple days later I'm signing for a delivery, Ex Libris in Caban/Craie.

My gavs don't get much use but sometimes I can't resist a great deal on something I've always wanted, in this case it isn't the full size black grail, just the little cousin which will work for now.

49074288488_8219c59c4e_z.jpg

49074853296_e1dc0dacb0.jpg

Hi everyone, returning from a short hiatus here. Was catching up on the scarf threads which naturally led to some 'just browsing' on ebay...
..couple days later I'm signing for a delivery, Ex Libris in Caban/Craie.

My gavs don't get much use but sometimes I can't resist a great deal on something I've always wanted, in this case it isn't the full size black grail, just the little cousin which will work for now.

49074288488_8219c59c4e_z.jpg

49074853296_e1dc0dacb0.jpg
Perfect!

Not sure if this one is from S/S but recently saw this 45 scarf and immediately loved the contrast and graphic but not sure how to use one this size. The SA gave some suggestions to wear around the wrist or neck or tie casually on a bag handle. But love to hear your opinions and experience. For me, I haven’t gotten into twillys yet and not sure if it’s for me.

Attachments

• 23A6B205-271D-47F8-9219-6338F1F0100D.png
    23A6B205-271D-47F8-9219-6338F1F0100D.png
    897.4 KB · Views: 441