Please tell me about Charcoal :)

Loving charcoal! Does this MAM have a saggy bottom or is it more sturdy?

I wouldn't call it a saggy bottom, but neither is it a super-stiff bottom. The leather seems to be softening in the few days I've been carrying it, and the leather isn't particularly thick or heavy.

If the bag is empty, the bottom is flat no sagging. With stuff in it the bottom becomes slightly convex and curves out - slightly. When I first pulled it brand new out of the box, I remember that piping along the bottom kind of dug into my arm when carried on my shoulder. It was kind of uncomfortable feeling it there. But now I can't feel it that piping "ridge" digging into my arm, so that tells me the leather is getting looser and softer. If you're looking for a stiff, heavier bag, the Charcoal MAM might not not be what you want.

I hope that answers your question. I'll see if I can take a couple of pictures in a little bit.

Loving charcoal! Does this MAM have a saggy bottom or is it more sturdy?

Sorry about the crappy office lighting. I needed to have my treadmill carry the bag for me.

Empty Charcoal MAM weight is 2.0 lbs:
20111019untitled.jpg

Bag has 2.2 lbs of stuff inside (total weight 4.2 lbs)
20111019untitled-3.jpg

Bag has 3.0 lbs of stuff inside (total weight 5.0 lbs)
20111019untitled-4.jpg

I think I've hyped up this bag quite a bit :smile: Hopefully it's what you're looking for!

I just got it and I LOOOOVE it! However, I'm sad because I have to order another one. Although the bag was brand new and wrapped up, there is a major dent in the leather on the front and the handles are very mismatched in leather color. Hopefully another one will be better. I wish we were able to choose one in person.

But the bag is certainly a beauty and will match almost everything. Definitely a great alternative to black. The leather on this has a bit of a sheen and it's very smooth to the touch. I will say that it's definitely not a structured MAM as some of the other leathers are. It's very smooshy :graucho: I am happy to report though that the bottom is not as slouchy as you would think for leather like this. It's no where near as slouchy as those Navy MAMs were back in the spring. It slouches only a little. Now as time goes on I'm not sure how much more soft the bottom will get though...

Anyway it's definitely a keeper! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get one without a dent and better matched handles.

OH i just got the buckled charcoal MAM from AA... after lurking at this thread i felt like ive should have gotten the charcoal regular MAM instead.......

i dont live in the states.. so returning the bag may be an issue... ARGHHH
the buckle bag is probably great for work.. but this regular charcoal MAM is really chic i felt like i should get it too!!!! >_< i m obsesseddddd

I just got it and I LOOOOVE it! However, I'm sad because I have to order another one. Although the bag was brand new and wrapped up, there is a major dent in the leather on the front and the handles are very mismatched in leather color. Hopefully another one will be better. I wish we were able to choose one in person.

But the bag is certainly a beauty and will match almost everything. Definitely a great alternative to black. The leather on this has a bit of a sheen and it's very smooth to the touch. I will say that it's definitely not a structured MAM as some of the other leathers are. It's very smooshy :graucho: I am happy to report though that the bottom is not as slouchy as you would think for leather like this. It's no where near as slouchy as those Navy MAMs were back in the spring. It slouches only a little. Now as time goes on I'm not sure how much more soft the bottom will get though...

Anyway it's definitely a keeper! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get one without a dent and better matched handles.

STAR, where did u order the regular charcoal mam from? hope its not from revolve.. cos thats where I am planning on getting it.. with the newbie 30% off :graucho::graucho:

Oh no, sorry that the bag wasn't a good one. I'm glad that the sale is still on and you were able to order another one, hopefully this next one comes in perfect condition! Glad too that you love the Charcoal MAM and I didn't over-hype it :smile: