Please help: Shopping etiquette

Hi all,

My previous SA went on maternity leave and she gave me contact information of another SA in store. I have my eyes on 4 scarves from Hermes website and when I contacted the SA he told me they only have one style available in store and it's not in the color I want. I might have to ask him to order the styles I saw online for me. However my question is, this is the first time I contacted this SA and there are four styles I'm trying to decide from. If I end up only buying one or two scarves (I'm picky), is it going to sour the relationship with this new SA right from the beginning? Thanks for all the advice in advance!

My previous purchase records are couple scarves, one Halzan mini and one bracelet. And I'd like to build a good relationship and buy a Constance or a Birkin.

Hi all,

My previous SA went on maternity leave and she gave me contact information of another SA in store. I have my eyes on 4 scarves from Hermes website and when I contacted the SA he told me they only have one style available in store and it's not in the color I want. I might have to ask him to order the styles I saw online for me. However my question is, this is the first time I contacted this SA and there are four styles I'm trying to decide from. If I end up only buying one or two scarves (I'm picky), is it going to sour the relationship with this new SA right from the beginning? Thanks for all the advice in advance!

My previous purchase records are couple scarves, one Halzan mini and one bracelet. And I'd like to build a good relationship and buy a Constance or a Birkin.
I only request transfers for items when I am 100% sure that I am going to purchase it. I don’t buy scarves so this is a genuine question...is there something about seeing the scarf in person that actually provides additional information about whether you want to purchase it? If not, I’d try to make up my mind before requesting anything from the SA and then only request the ones which I fully intend to buy. Just my humble opinion. Good luck.

Since your question is mainly about maintaining a good relationship with your new SA, please refer to below thread for helpful tips :idea: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/maintaining-a-h-relationship.156549/page-144

Or here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/please-help-shopping-etiquette.1008849/

Hi all,

Last edited:
Hi all,

Why don't you just order the four scarves online and send back the ones you don't like ?

Reactions: lulilu
Why don't you just order the four scarves online and send back the ones you don't like ?
I have two concerns: 1. Because my previous SA left for maternity leave, she won’t be able to assist me in a long time. If I’m gonna make a purchase anyway, I’d like the new SA to receive a commission and build a good relationship with him. 2. I hear online purchase doesn’t help with getting a Birkin or Constance. :sad:

Last edited:
If it is scarves from this season, I would wait and see each of them in store and then buy the one you want. If that specific colorway is gone in the store, at least you would know which one to ask your SA to either transfer or buy directly from the website.

Best option is to have your SA order it in for you, and tell him before you ask to order it in that you are still not sure of purchasing and prefer to see it in person. I do this with my SA all the time, she has no issues with ordering it in for me even if I am not sure I want it.

Just be honest with him! And I don't think it will ruin the relationship.

I have two concerns: 1. Because my previous SA left for maternity leave, she won’t be able to assist me in a long time. If I’m gonna make a purchase anyway, I’d like the new SA to receive a commission and build a good relationship with him. 2. I hear online purchase doesn’t help with getting a Birkin or Constance. :sad:
I understand your concerns. But it's so difficult to be sure with scarves :smile:
I hope you'll "click" with your new SA and get your dream bag soon.

I would discuss the situation and ask the new SA for his recommendation on the best way to proceed mentioning that you wish to select one or two.
Should I wait for store to receive the color ways I am interested in because I would prefer to see and compare in person vs buying online or is it possible to have them transferred in to the store for me to select from now.

Best option is to have your SA order it in for you, and tell him before you ask to order it in that you are still not sure of purchasing and prefer to see it in person. I do this with my SA all the time, she has no issues with ordering it in for me even if I am not sure I want it.

Just be honest with him! And I don't think it will ruin the relationship.
I think just being honest up front is a great point! Thank you for suggesting that !

I would discuss the situation and ask the new SA for his recommendation on the best way to proceed mentioning that you wish to select one or two.
Should I wait for store to receive the color ways I am interested in because I would prefer to see and compare in person vs buying online or is it possible to have them transferred in to the store for me to select from now.
Thank you for your recommendation!. I really appreciate it !