UPDATE - PLEASE HELP!!! Restore my So Green Picotin 18

Actually I cannot see what is wrong with your bag ?
Isn't it going to look like this after some wears anyway ?
By the way congratulations, it's beautiful and I didn't know there was a so green line.
Well I didn’t like the way it looks smooshy in the box and the sagging corners :P. Thank you so much! I’ve been obsessed with this bamboo so green P18 with the green lock ever since I saw it so I gotta have it.

I would do exactly what Papertiger recommended but I tend to use extra of those air pillows which come in the Hermes boxes. Also try to hang the bag up by the handles when not in use, it sounds drastic but that is what the craftspeople do with our bags at their workbench while they are being sewn. Lastly I would suggest an insert as well. So far I have managed to maintain the relative structure of my various Picotins from Barenia to even MM size in Clemence. Congrats on such a pretty colour and a relatively rarer version of this style.

I would do exactly what Papertiger recommended but I tend to use extra of those air pillows which come in the Hermes boxes. Also try to hang the bag up by the handles when not in use, it sounds drastic but that is what the craftspeople do with our bags at their workbench while they are being sewn. Lastly I would suggest an insert as well. So far I have managed to maintain the relative structure of my various Picotins from Barenia to even MM size in Clemence. Congrats on such a pretty colour and a relatively rarer version of this style.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all the tips you ladies have given me. I hope to bring the shape back to a better condition than it currently is.

Actually I cannot see what is wrong with your bag ?
Isn't it going to look like this after some wears anyway ?
By the way congratulations, it's beautiful and I didn't know there was a so green line.
I completely agree.
The bag just looks right.
It does not seem that it should be a rigid, like a metal stiff-sided bucket.
As others have suggested, when it is in use, with items inside it, it will be coveted and much admired.

Last edited:
Your bag is gorgeous and looks unused. Picos are packed badly, even in the original box from H. Here is how I deal with them: Fill the bag with enough plastic bubble wrap to completely, but gently, shape the bag. Don’t stretch it. Then take a roll of bubble wrap and place it through the handles so the handles are shaped in nice domes, and not crushed. Place the pico inside it’s sleeper bag and lie it down on a carpet floor on its long side. The bubble wrap holding the handles will be parallel to the floor. Make sure the seams in the sleeper bag do not come across the leather. If you are concerned about humidity, place small micro fiber towels in your bag before the bubble wrap.

leave it on the floor, just like that. after a few days take it out and have a look. Turn the bag on the other long side if that looks like a good idea. I leave my picos just like this between wearings. They have done great.

Your bag is gorgeous and looks unused. Picos are packed badly, even in the original box from H. Here is how I deal with them: Fill the bag with enough plastic bubble wrap to completely, but gently, shape the bag. Don’t stretch it. Then take a roll of bubble wrap and place it through the handles so the handles are shaped in nice domes, and not crushed. Place the pico inside it’s sleeper bag and lie it down on a carpet floor on its long side. The bubble wrap holding the handles will be parallel to the floor. Make sure the seams in the sleeper bag do not come across the leather. If you are concerned about humidity, place small micro fiber towels in your bag before the bubble wrap.

leave it on the floor, just like that. after a few days take it out and have a look. Turn the bag on the other long side if that looks like a good idea. I leave my picos just like this between wearings. They have done great.
Thank you so much, @weibandy! You are right. It looks unused to me but just stored and packed badly without any bubble wraps. I will try to follow all the helpful tips I learned from you all. I just wanted to make it look better. :hbeat:

Reactions: weibandy