Please help me decide between these gorgeous medium flaps

Hello. I still do not have a black CF and probably will try to get one this year. I do have an iridescent black CF that can look like black, navy, or purple depending on the lighting. I wear it with black or navy. I agree that it is not a true black so it is not as versatile as a black CF. I enjoy using it nevertheless. In fact, I used it today.

DED32DF2-6780-43AF-8B89-5A27F2AE5DEA.jpeg

I have 5 chanel bags (light beige, dark beige, silver, black Gabrielle, and dark blue) but for some reasons I dont have a black classic flap lol. With the crazy price hike, I’ve finally decided to get a black one in medium size. After searching for days, I found these 3 gorgeous babies all at very reasonable price.
Black lambskin with rose gold HW
View attachment 5740779

Iridescent purple (stunning)
View attachment 5740780
And caviar dove grey with silver HW (my perfect kind of combination)
View attachment 5740781

My heart really goes for the iridescent one but somehow I feel like I need a black classic flap (also that’s what I wanted to buy at the beginning), I already have a Celine Triomphe and Hermes Evelyne in black…. Its not that I dont have any black bags.

Anyways, please please let me know what you think? Maybe Im destined to not own a black classic flap .
If you already have black bags and you're not convinced to buy the black CF, then I would go for grey!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I have the classique triomphe and black CF, I think they're different enough to have a black CF in your collection. Triomphe is more casual and trendy, whereas the CF is dressier and more classic. I personally don't find the medium CF to be heavy at all, and I'm not even strong or lift weight on a regular basis, it's just like any other leather bags. You can't really put much in a medium CF anyway so not like your items would add much more weight to it.

Last edited:
"I’ve finally decided to get a black one in medium size"

You've answered yourself =)

I personally dont care about matching metals with bag. Anyway that black CF looks really pretty in lambskin.

That 21 A Dove Grey is a unicorn colour in the classic flap of Chanel world so if it's going for a steal., grab it!!! It's a buyers market now actually. You can always buy a black in the market - vintage or new in caviar or lambskin, anytime for great prices . I would go for the grey coz it would be harder to come across compared to the black and especially if it is going for a good price

I would get the one you love the most. There will always be black Chanel bags to buy. An iridescent or other color bag like gray are harder to come by especially in great/excellent condition. Buy the one you can’t live without.