Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Hello, would love it if some knew the color of her 35 Kelly. Is it Rouge H, Rouge G, or Bordeaux ?

WHAT'S IN MY TRAVEL BAG | HERMES KELLY 35

Thank you

Honestly none of the above at least the way the video is color graded on my monitor. It looks like Rouge Grenat which wasn't available that year. She also says the bag is Epsom which it is not (and says she wants "a HAC Birkin", t's either an HAC or a Birkin). The video hurts to watch as she insults flight attendants who are NOT required to lift her bag for her :angel: Sorry! "influencers" can b so annoying.
I'm sure someone more familiar with 2009-ish can name the color.

Honestly none of the above at least the way the video is color graded on my monitor. It looks like Rouge Grenat which wasn't available that year. She also says the bag is Epsom which it is not (and says she wants "a HAC Birkin", t's either an HAC or a Birkin). The video hurts to watch as she insults flight attendants who are NOT required to lift her bag for her :angel: Sorry! "influencers" can b so annoying.
I have no idea why anyone would “subscribe to [her] channel”, she didn’t say anything helpful or know anything about the bag or about Hermes bags in general. The whole point seemed to be that she was too bored to care. The bag is beautiful though, it is a Sellier Mou?

I have no idea why anyone would “subscribe to [her] channel”, she didn’t say anything helpful or know anything about the bag or about Hermes bags in general. The whole point seemed to be that she was too bored to care. The bag is beautiful though, it is a Sellier Mou?
It looks like a Sellier Mou. The bag IS gorgeous.

Reactions: nicole0612

Seconding what you say, I doubt she really knows what she's talking about. All I'm sure about is that the bag is a Sellier Mou Kelly, it is so beautiful it hurts lol

Hello, would love it if some knew the color of her 35 Kelly. Is it Rouge H, Rouge G, or Bordeaux ?

WHAT'S IN MY TRAVEL BAG | HERMES KELLY 35

Thank you

It looks like a Sellier Mou. The bag IS gorgeous.
Seconding what you say, I doubt she really knows what she's talking about. All I'm sure about is that the bag is a Sellier Mou Kelly, it is so beautiful it hurts lol

My guess is she borrowed the bag. I am not sure it's possible so little about one's own bag.

You could contact her via YT. Just ask her to look at the receipt, the colour leather and style will be on there.

There was a pinky red around then because I was offered a bi-coloured K-Cut in Tadelakt in a red and RH, the other red was the main body of the bag and not my red so that's why I remember.

Looking at the vid it could be RH as there's very little warmth in the lighting. I think RG looks a bit lighter. Bord. was only in exotic (?)

If you do a search and go back to 2009 you'll prob see the colour pop up.

@Notorious Pink pink may know (?)

I'm so happy to have found this thread. I've always wondered the leather of my vintage 1994 k35 that I purchased 5 years ago in Nice. By the photos shared on the thread I'm wondering if my k is a peau porc? Here is a photo of her. Appreciate your thoughts if you think this is peau porc. Thank you in advance!

fullsizeoutput_7ca5.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm so happy to have found this thread. I've always wondered the leather of my vintage 1994 k35 that I purchased 5 years ago in Nice. By the photos shared on the thread I'm wondering if my k is a peau porc? Here is a photo of her. Appreciate your thoughts if you think this is peau porc. Thank you in advance!

View attachment 4883481

No definately not PP, it could be Vachette Ardennes or Vache Liegée...I'm not quite sure.

Hello loves,

I came across these two birkins side by side on an Instagram post. I’m assuming both are GHW however, it’s clear that both don’t look the same with one being a darker gold than the other. Was there ever a time that Hermès GHW was changed years back?

Thank you!

XOXO,
HermèsGeek

FD5CF2AC-950A-430C-8B3A-46C82F3A2DC2.jpeg

View attachment 4883481
No definately not PP, it could be Vachette Ardennes or Vache Liegée...I'm not quite sure.
I agree! Most likely Ardennes, but from the photo could possibly be a Vache Liegee. Hermes Zen, can you take a closer photo of the leather grains just to be sure?

I agree! Most likely Ardennes, but from the photo could possibly be a Vache Liegee. Hermes Zen, can you take a closer photo of the leather grains just to be sure?
Thank you Nicole! Appreciate you asking for closer photos. I took one with a flash because lighting wasn't great in the room. The other is the best without flash. I can take more if needed. Thank you so much for your help!! :flowers:

Attachments

• Y5xnO5o%SGix8vSdBrOUEg.jpg
    Y5xnO5o%SGix8vSdBrOUEg.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 15
  • vxjFC0GRQGyu77YpinXEFA.jpg
    vxjFC0GRQGyu77YpinXEFA.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 15
Thank you Nicole! Appreciate you asking for closer photos. I took one with a flash because lighting wasn't great in the room. The other is the best without flash. I can take more if needed. Thank you so much for your help!! :flowers:
It looks like Ardennes to me. Ardennes usually has this slightly dry/matte look to me (I love this look). I have owned 2 Ardennes bags, but I have only studied VL in photos. At least in photos, VL seems to have heightened pigment at the top of the grains, so this also makes me believe this is Ardennes. The leather is a little heavy, but so durable is easily in my top 3 favorite leathers. I would love to have it in a Sellier like yours.

Reactions: Hermes Zen