Plastic protector on hardware

Looks like the sticker is still there? I recently pulled the stickers off one of my Bs and they were two layers. Are you sure you got the entire sticker off?

I agree. There is a second sticker there. My Kelly also had this. One sticker completely covering everything including grommets. Second sticker not covering grommets.

Just remove the sticker and enjoy your bag!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I apologize if this has been answered before. I bought my wife a Kelly Mini for her birthday, and I wanted to know if there were options to protect the hardware. It's something she's been pretty serious about for past bags. I know for her previous bags she bought protectors from Orangeshields, but unfortunately they don't offer protectors for Kelly Minis. Would anyone know if there's other hardware protector options out there or if the Kelly Mini's hardware matches one of the available options from Orangeshields?

How long has your wife used the Orangeshields? Are they obvious? Do they do any damage to the hardware, e.g., tarnish? One always hears pros and cons re having protectors on the hardware.

Reactions: HavLab
I think she's had them on less than a year. They aren't obvious, but I don't think she can speak to long term damage as she hasn't removed any. Sorry, I'd ask her for more information but I think asking would make her suspicious.

If she really wants the hardware covered, she can leave the plastic it’s delivered in on. It’s relatively invisible on a mini and probably no worse for the HW than Orange Shields.

Great thread! I just want to share information from my friend.

She has two Constance 24; a black in epsom leather with rose gold hardware and a blue in evercolor leather with gold hardware. She purchased the blue Constance more than 5 years ago, it's in great condition but the H buckle is all scratched up. Majority of the hairline scratches came from her moving the center closure bar up and down when using one hand to close the bag and some bigger scratches from her accessories. When she got her black Constance about 2-3 years ago, she found this thread and purchased Orangeshields and Sabrina polishing cloth. She's on her 3rd set of Orangeshields; she removed the 1st set after reading the post from GlitterEyebags and found no discoloration, then she put on 2nd set of Orangeshields. 3 months ago, she accidentally dropped the black Constance faced down from her SUV car seat onto concrete floor, no damages on the gold hardware but the damage on epsom leather is not repairable.

Reactions: aksaiyo
Hi members, i understand that most tarnishing on rose gold hardware come off after polishing. How do you polish small areas like these (please refer to my pics?? The hardware touches the leather, i can never polish off. Was thinking to get Hermes change hardwares to gold. Appreciate if any1 can advice. Thank you.IMG_20200619_153148.jpgIMG_20200619_151632.jpg

I am looking to purchase a pre-owned Birkin, but the hardware looks very scratched. Is there a polishing cloth for gold hardware that would help with the scratches? Trying to decide if this will bother me too much or if there is anything i can do. Thanks.

I am looking to purchase a pre-owned Birkin, but the hardware looks very scratched. Is there a polishing cloth for gold hardware that would help with the scratches? Trying to decide if this will bother me too much or if there is anything i can do. Thanks.

I think scratches are forever and we can just embrace it. However if it bothers you, you can have it spa’d and Hermès changes the hardware if it’s in really bad condition