Pilling or other problems with Fendi jaquard fabric?

Florasun

O.G.
May 29, 2007
Hi all! I am considering buying the Fendi baguette in the Fendi jaquard fabric (brown with the FF logo). I was comparing new price to the used prices on Fashionphile when I noticed that the condition report it says that the fabric is pilling on a couple of them. I have a small Fendi crossbody in that fabric - somewhere between 8 or 10 yrs old, and it looks like new. For the price they are charging I would expect it to last forever.

Is this a recent problem? Have any of you experienced pilling with your jaquard bags? Thanks in advance!

Hi all! I am considering buying the Fendi baguette in the Fendi jaquard fabric (brown with the FF logo). I was comparing new price to the used prices on Fashionphile when I noticed that the condition report it says that the fabric is pilling on a couple of them. I have a small Fendi crossbody in that fabric - somewhere between 8 or 10 yrs old, and it looks like new. For the price they are charging I would expect it to last forever.

Is this a recent problem? Have any of you experienced pilling with your jaquard bags? Thanks in advance!
I only have a Baguette made of this fabric, but I haven't used it enough to see any wear and tear on it. I do suspect that if I used it daily, then the corners will start to rub and pill, as any jacquard will. I had an older Gucci GG canvas wallet which wore terribly. The logos started to pill with wear.

If you had your bag between 8-10 years and it still looks new, then perhaps Fendi's FF canvas is on the more durable side than other woven canvases from other brands.

I only have a Baguette made of this fabric, but I haven't used it enough to see any wear and tear on it. I do suspect that if I used it daily, then the corners will start to rub and pill, as any jacquard will. I had an older Gucci GG canvas wallet which wore terribly. The logos started to pill with wear.

If you had your bag between 8-10 years and it still looks new, then perhaps Fendi's FF canvas is on the more durable side than other woven canvases from other brands.
Thank you for your reply! I didn't think about the corners and edges, those are stitched, and I bet they go before the jacquard. I only wear the crossbody a couple of months per year, that's probably is the reason it still looks good. I didn't think about that when I first posted :\

Reactions: averagejoe

Ive had my bauguette for a couple of years and it still looks new. I used to carry it all the time and still carry it from time to time. But i rotate my bags quite a bit.b

Reactions: Florasun