Pics Of Your Botkier

Just picked this up for FIFTY TWO DOLLARS at Saks Off Fifth. The bag was missing a tag so the associate told me to bring over something 'comparable' and he would scan that instead, heh. My 'comparable' find was $75, then he took off 30%! Thank you, amateur night at Saks Off Fifth!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 515
Just picked this up for FIFTY TWO DOLLARS at Saks Off Fifth. The bag was missing a tag so the associate told me to bring over something 'comparable' and he would scan that instead, heh. My 'comparable' find was $75, then he took off 30%! Thank you, amateur night at Saks Off Fifth!!!

Um, congrats? I don't know that I'd be proud of getting such a "steal" in the underhanded manner you did, then boasting about it on a public forum. How times have changed...

Nice bag though.

Um, congrats? I don't know that I'd be proud of getting such a "steal" in the underhanded manner you did, then boasting about it on a public forum. How times have changed...

Nice bag though.
really?
she did what was asked of her
If the SA didn't know enough to go look for another Botkier bag as a comparison, is that her fault?

really?
she did what was asked of her
If the SA didn't know enough to go look for another Botkier bag as a comparison, is that her fault?

Yes, really.

She knew the bag was NOT comparable to a $75 bag. Knowingly using that as a comparable item is called dishonesty. You think that just because the sales person didn't know what they were doing justifies behaving dishonestly and taking advantage of that person? Just...wow.

What the heck are parents teaching their kids these days? I'd be mortified if my daughter ever did such a thing.

Yes, really.

She knew the bag was NOT comparable to a $75 bag. Knowingly using that as a comparable item is called dishonesty. You think that just because the sales person didn't know what they were doing justifies behaving dishonestly and taking advantage of that person? Just...wow.

What the heck are parents teaching their kids these days? I'd be mortified if my daughter ever did such a thing.
you have your opinion and I have mine
I find it interesting that you used your very first post on TPF to call someone out for being unethical

I just saw that exact Botkier bag at a TJMaxx yesterday marked @ $89.
I don't know that it ranks high up on the unethical scale, but surely will incur bad shopping karma.
Probably a bad idea to brag.
Hopefully she'll be a little more honest next time.

I just find it so sad that as a society our view of ethics has become such a grey area so as to be simply a matter of "opinion" to some people now. There have always, and will always, be dishonest people. In the past those who were unethical at least had the shame to try to hide their dishonesty...what's new is that lately, more and more people are not only dishonest, but proud enough of it to boast about it to others. Sigh. Cliche, but our world would be a better place if people would hold themselves and others to higher ethical standards. I'm normally a lurker here, but can't help but call out dishonesty because if more people did that, it could discourage it from becoming more and more acceptable in our society.

But I digress. People who think like me are a dying breed and all I can hope for is to continue raising my 3 year old to not be one of those helping the extinction along. I've derailed this thread enough and will go back to lurking lol.

Ok, now just think about it a little...SAKS is a very nice store and they sell very very expensive bags...now Botkier and brands like rebecca minkoff (who are usually the same price points) are the less expensive brands they sell there. So if they were having a good sale I'm sure whatever she chose to ring up instead probably was originally like 300 bucks or something.

Ok, now just think about it a little...SAKS is a very nice store and they sell very very expensive bags...now Botkier and brands like rebecca minkoff (who are usually the same price points) are the less expensive brands they sell there. So if they were having a good sale I'm sure whatever she chose to ring up instead probably was originally like 300 bucks or something.
this and no offense to Hardware but I wouldn't pay much more for a current Botkier bag than what she paid. The leather is nothing like it used to be.

Reactions: Lolatoo

Nice bag though.

Bluewyvern,

How dare you accuse me of being 'underhanded'! Who do you think you are? You don't know anything about me, and I fully resent what you have accused me of. I find your post incredibly rude, and shortsighted. I couldn't believe my email when I read the forum feed! I had to cool off for a day or two before I could respond.

Although I really shouldn't bother gratifying your post with a response, I had honestly never heard of Botkier before finding that bag (Note that you have never seen me in this forum before). It was only when I got home and researched the brand that I realized I had gotten a really great deal. The bag that I found as a replacement was appropriate - it was a similarly sized nice leather shoulder bag. There were no other Botkiers to compare to. I was at at a Saks OFF Fifth just after Christmas and everything was DEEPLY discounted as they were clearly on a mission to move past season stuff out - there was even a 'Buy two bags get one free' promotion going on that I did not take advantage of (God knows what you'd think of me then). If the Botkier did have a price tag, maybe it would have been $100, maybe a little more, who knows. It definitely would not have been substantially different from what I selected. Either way, it was not my responsibility as customer to select a fair price for the bag. My sole mission was to get the thing outa there and onto my shoulder, which I am proud and excited to have done : )

Reflecting on the net value of the transaction, perhaps Saks Off Fifth is out $40 (AT NO FAULT OF MINE), but Botkier has gained a new fan who is far more likely to make future purchases than she was before, perhaps even at Saks Fifth Avenue. Net gain for Botkier, not to mention the advertising I will do for them as people check out that beauty on my shoulder.

Finally, 'How times have changed'? At what time did women not appreciate getting a good deal on a handbag? Not any time I can remember!

Exactly