Oran sandals

sorry for an ignorant question!
i went half a size down on mine, and although they fit perfectly width wise, lengthwise they are shorter than the length of my feet. does anyone have the same problem?
i dont know if i should ignore how they are shorter (and hence probably look kinda ugly) because this halfsize down are so comfortable.
what do you think? :sad:

attachment.php
Pierina you are such an "enabler", I was overcome by the lure of the orange at
H, so glad you talked me into these!!!

Attachments

• shoekitchen.jpg
    shoekitchen.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,394
Reactions: cremse and jkchanel
Pamella, what a lovely picture. I'm thinking I too need the orange orans, then I can take the exact picture with my orange birkin and Marwari scarf. I love the orange, but hate that this color never goes on sale like the blue ones did, or my red ones that are satin or silk.
BTW nutz, the big sale is coming the end of the month (23-27) in NY. My friends who went last year said there were orans there. If you're in the neighborhood, checkitout.

Pamella, what a lovely picture. I'm thinking I too need the orange orans, then I can take the exact picture with my orange birkin and Marwari scarf. I love the orange, but hate that this color never goes on sale like the blue ones did, or my red ones that are satin or silk.
BTW nutz, the big sale is coming the end of the month (23-27) in NY. My friends who went last year said there were orans there. If you're in the neighborhood, checkitout.

Thank you good life! Wow,yes, you definitely need the orange to go with
your orange birkin and Marwari!! I was debating over white or orange and orange won! Actually, I may be able to go to the sale so I will looking for Orans!

Thank you good life! Wow,yes, you definitely need the orange to go with
your orange birkin and Marwari!! I was debating over white or orange and orange won! Actually, I may be able to go to the sale so I will looking for Orans!

Pamella, good luck with you looking for Orans. I too want a pair myself but don't think I can go to the NY sale *sigh*

Nutz, if you can't go to NY, and don't want to pay full price (who does?), your best bet is to wait for the summer sale. Usually, discontinued colors and fabric orans will go 40% off at first season markdown. If you find one at second season, it'll be 60% off like my red ones were. What a steal that was. The question is when specific stores have their 1-2 day sales. But that's why we have TPF. Info comes faster than even at the stores. We have you covered.

Nutz, if you can't go to NY, and don't want to pay full price (who does?), your best bet is to wait for the summer sale. Usually, discontinued colors and fabric orans will go 40% off at first season markdown. If you find one at second season, it'll be 60% off like my red ones were. What a steal that was. The question is when specific stores have their 1-2 day sales. But that's why we have TPF. Info comes faster than even at the stores. We have you covered.

Good life, thanks. I hope I find one with sale price soon, soon enough that I don't have to give in to full price.

I actually love the style of the Orans but they are very uncomfortable given the flat, hard insoles. For me, these sandals are impossible to wear for extended periods of time (I do a lot of walking in the city).

I was caught in Paris in these shoes, in the middle of summer, walking much further than I anticipated, and it was absolute torture. What helped me somewhat were the Band-Aid anti-blister stick (it looks like lip balm that you smear on your feet / heels) and the clear gel arch supports that stick to the insole.

When I got my first pair, I have to honestly say I didn't like the flatness so much and that they made the worst sound going down stairs. But after getting use to them and wearing them in, OMG, it's like going barefoot. They are sooooo comfy. I stopped wearing all my bejeweled giuseppe zanottis, Jimmy choos and Manolos. These are my under the radar simple classic sandals. I'm looking to get more colors this spring/summer and preferably on sale. Park56 try really wearing one down, it makes all the difference.