Opinions on denim?! Please

kprice1019

O.G.
Nov 30, 2009
This is my first and need opinions. I know it’sa bit bigger on me but I’m fine with that I have a neverfull gm. I have a 6 month old so want to be able to fit wipes and a diaper as well. Those who have this bag do you live it use it often?

I got it before the price increase!

9588B8D2-380F-44FA-9310-553DE2609331.jpeg

Reactions: Raaz and Aaalicia
I love ysl denim puffer bags :love:
I think they are beautiful and care-free in the same time! And also very light weight, which is perfect for us moms :heart:
I got small toy puffer in marine canvas, to me it looks like dark denim, and I also prefer that over their official denim color (it looks too "washed over" for my taste). I think puffer canvas bags are really amazing.
I personally don't use my designer bags as diaper bags, because "accidents" happen very often on the go, so I always hang on the stroller separate diaper bag that I don't care about (I have two year old and 4 months old). And I carry my bags now usually crossbody to be hands free (need both hands for two babies :smile: ).
But denim/canvas bags are definitely amazing for moms, so worry free! If you like the bag keep it.
Just always have in mind that baby-stage is over very fast, so get the bag that you gonna use a lot after as well (running around with your toddler, etc...)

It depends on how much you baby your bags and what you are okay with.
I do have the denim in a size small and I am a person not to baby my leather bags. I have a few leather bags that if my friend's babies or family member's kids (ranging from 2-6 years old) were to throw them on the ground or pour juice on them, it would not make me upset.

But denim is fabric, and that's a bit of a different story.
The denim material itself is not that prone to scratches, it can probably take a few bumps here and there and the flexibility of the bag means one does not need to worry about warping in structure. It is a comfortable bag to wear and can definitely store a lot.
However because denim is cotton it can stain and absorb liquids, oils, and odors. The shoulder strap is also suede, which can stain as well. I refrain from taking this bag out to restaurants that have a lot of smelly foods, steam, or smoke. (Also don't take it out when it rains, but that's probably a given lol)

I do not have any children, but I have a 2 year old crazy (but adorable) dog, who sheds like crazy, loves to jump on me when he gets excited (dog nails) and likes to lick a lot of things (plus sneeze). When I bring him out, I bring a tote made of coated canvas. Have not worn my YSL denim puffer bag with him out and am not sure if I will do so until he grows up a bit more and calms down.

I'm not saying this is not a great bag for your purposes, like carrying baby items, your necessities, etc. Just some food for thought.
Hope that helps!

Oh no, another price increase? I think this looks amazing, but I agree that fabric requires extra babying. I have a brocade Tory Burch bag and I try to be very careful with it because it looks like it can be easily snagged and stained.