Opinions on 28 versus 32 kelly

HAHAHA!
Since I can only get one bag this year it's tough. If I see the perfect Kelly I don't know if I should strike if a Birkin may also be in my near future.
Gosh, it's silly to stress over these things!!! But I need a plan, here. There are so few guarantees with Hermes that it's hard to know what to buy and when!

Greentea, I agree wholeheartedly. My most favorite Kelly (pictured in my avatar) is so versatile. It works perfectly for day and casual/dressy dinners. However, for more formal occasions, it's hard to top a rigide Kelly 28 or smaller--esp. in black Box!

Greentea, follow your heart. You will know when you are presented with the right bag. As someone said here earlier, sometimes the pursuit is sweeter. Honestly, you have a great appreciation for Hermes and I think you'd be very happy with either a Kelly or Birkin as your "first Kelly/Birkin"!

Well, said Lucy!
Honestly, if I walked into Hermes and saw a Potiron Kelly 32 souple, I might just risk it and buy, with hopes that a Birkin would come next year.
Okay, time to go shopping now. Later, H Queens!

I like big bags and I'm 5'7; I think for your height a 28 would look tiny(JMO) I have 2 32 Kellys and I find THOSE tiny, in fact I hardly ever wear them...I'm more a tote type of person, but even if you like small bags I think, since you're not petite, that a 32 would be fine...;)

Greentea said:
I think if you're only going to have one Kelly, it should be a 32. It goes from day into evening just fine, and the added room will come in handy if you bring it on a trip with you.

Conversely, I love the looks of a formal black box rigide 25/28 for evening and formal/conservative occassions.

I would like to rephrase this to" if you are going to START with one kelly" ha ha ha..... there's not stopping most of us at this point:love: :shame: - I would like a smaller kelly for evening sometime...

shoes319 said:
I would like to rephrase this to" if you are going to START with one kelly" ha ha ha..... there's not stopping most of us at this point:love: :shame: - I would like a smaller kelly for evening sometime...
I could'nt agree more...;) ;) :lol: :lol:

duna said:
I like big bags and I'm 5'7; I think for your height a 28 would look tiny(JMO) I have 2 32 Kellys and I find THOSE tiny, in fact I hardly ever wear them...I'm more a tote type of person, but even if you like small bags I think, since you're not petite, that a 32 would be fine...;)

don't worry, i want your opinion. did you ever post a picture of yourself holding either of your kelly bags?

greentea - i know that holding the bag up to myself is the only answer, but i need everyone's help here until i do that because i don't dare allow myself to go into the store and find one since this would be an awful month to bump into the perfect bag (we're taking a vacation, just bought an apt. that needs some minor work done, i need a new computer, etc., etc., etc.).

what i really need is a 30cm kelly. too bad they don't make them. it's funny how big purses have become. remember the fendi baguette? compare that to a B bag. wowzers.

OK...thought about this more...if this is really for you and not thinking of other factors...
at 5'5" you will look fine with a 28. Are you fairly slim to average weight wise? I have a friend who is 6'0" and carries a 28 and she looks great...she is slim. I think weight is a big factor in this. If I were short/petite and chunky I think a 28 would look bad on me a bigger bag may compensate for the weight. Just like tall people need the bigger bag due to height and weight if they are not slimmer.

All things covered here...I think 28 will be fine unless you see it in person and you get a bad feeling about it. If you think it looks ok then all your things will fit based on what you said.

Kellybag said:
All things covered here...I think 28 will be fine unless you see it in person and you get a bad feeling about it. If you think it looks ok then all your things will fit based on what you said.

and this has been my biggest question, thank you so much for addressing it! - contents aside, just how will a 28 look in proportion to my body. just a big thank you for that post.
well, i'm 115-118lbs. just average, not slim slim. 6' wow! :nuts:
so if i get the 28, no more croissants and ice cream? :blink: :P