OMG, a BBB! So excited!! Advice please…

Hi everyone. I’m am so excited that I’ve been offered (and accepted!) a Black Box Birkin 25 Sellier with palladium hardware from the sweetest sales associate EVER!!

Please give me your advice on how to keep it beautiful. Also, should I attach the clochette and keys the way I do with other Birkins and Kellys?

Isn’t she beautiful??
Gorgeous. I got a BBB 30 last year. I've used it a bit, and seriously, no worries. It did get scratched at one point, but I used one of Doc Ride's recommended creams and it blended it. Also, had someone spill coffee on it, and it wiped up, but left a cloudy mark. Some more of the cream, and it came right out. I use the lock and cloche because I love the look, and any scratches will likely blend into the patina. I buy my bags to use them, not display as museum pieces. Most of the oldest bags you see for sale are box, and they've all aged gracefully.

Gorgeous. I got a BBB 30 last year. I've used it a bit, and seriously, no worries. It did get scratched at one point, but I used one of Doc Ride's recommended creams and it blended it. Also, had someone spill coffee on it, and it wiped up, but left a cloudy mark. Some more of the cream, and it came right out. I use the lock and cloche because I love the look, and any scratches will likely blend into the patina. I buy my bags to use them, not display as museum pieces. Most of the oldest bags you see for sale are box, and they've all aged gracefully.
Thank you!! Can you share the names of the specific creams? I’d love to have some on hand for the future. I still can’t believe I own this bag. It’s my ultimate holy grail - this and the Barenia Faubourg Birkin 30. I adore Hermes’ heritage leathers.

Congrats on your BBB 🥂! I’ve had my BBB (b30) since 2019 and have been caught in rainstorms with no lasting damage. I just keep a clean microfiber cloth in the car to wipe dry and I’ve had decent luck with blisters going away by air drying for a few days.

Reactions: Young1987
Thank you!! Can you share the names of the specific creams? I’d love to have some on hand for the future. I still can’t believe I own this bag. It’s my ultimate holy grail - this and the Barenia Faubourg Birkin 30. I adore Hermes’ heritage leathers.
As per the rec on Docride's page, I bought Saphir Creme Universelle Leather balm, and got it on Amazon. I tested it on the bottom of the bag first, then waited a few days. It seems to be doing the trick, although I've only used it twice in the last year. Like anything, I'd imagine too much of a good thing is too much. As with all my bags, I'll probably spa it every few years as well to let the Hermès craftsmen condition and repair any scratches as well.

I know it is hard but ENJOY using it! It is a beautiful bag.
I own a SO Black Box Birkin and used it travelling when I first got it... so it has light scratches...but it is prone to get scratches.
That is the beauty of Box Leather... but I would not hang the clochette on it :smile:
CONGRATS!

Lovely piece! Congratulations! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳I wouldnt hang the clochette or lock as others have mentioned even on a regular b/k so definitely not on a Box, but with that said, enjoy your bag! you can't baby it forever 😝