Mini - how hard is it to get one, really?

Hi all, so I'm a little late to this party but I just discovered how cute the mini is after trying one on in the store. I've been following various threads and think a mini in caviar would work best for my lifestyle. I love lambskin but worry about how it will hold up after everyday use. I'm not sure about color yet. I'm thinking black, navy, green or pink. I'm curious to know though about the black and how difficult it is to obtain whether in gold or silver hardware and whether in the classic quilt or chevron. I have been told the minis at my boutique have all been sold out through presale for fall. Is this true? Am I far too late? If so I am terribly sad :sad:.

I'm wondering the same thing actually - I really want that iridescent light gold mini (the duochrome gold - taupe - pink one) and it seems like most are sold out, or are very hard to find. Does Chanel typically replenish their seasonal stock through the next few weeks, or is it just a one-time stock, and if it's sold out, it's gone forever.

Reactions: kate2828
I'm wondering the same thing actually - I really want that iridescent light gold mini (the duochrome gold - taupe - pink one) and it seems like most are sold out, or are very hard to find. Does Chanel typically replenish their seasonal stock through the next few weeks, or is it just a one-time stock, and if it's sold out, it's gone forever.

Yes, I am wondering this too! Do stores get more in after the initial shipment?

Reactions: kate2828
I work in a Chanel boutique. It's pretty difficult to get a mini because there is an established waiting list and each location receives a set amount (for example, my boutique received two black, two red, and two grey). Once those are sold (usually to the people on the waiting list) we don't receive additional stock and we cannot order additional stock.

Reactions: Pchul and kate2828
I just discovered this very sad news lol. One sa told me two years!! Yikes!! I've added myself to lists with two sas I've previously worked with and am crossing fingers it won't be two years. I am open to other colors as well so hopefully the wait won't be that horrible. Sigh.

I work in a Chanel boutique. It's pretty difficult to get a mini because there is an established waiting list and each location receives a set amount (for example, my boutique received two black, two red, and two grey). Once those are sold (usually to the people on the waiting list) we don't receive additional stock and we cannot order additional stock.

Other than going the resale route is there any other way to get a mini if you're not on a waitlist?

i just canceled my pre-order for a rectangular mini in navy caviar with light gold hardware at hirshleifers in NY. i would try calling them as its probably still available for pre-sale! the only caveat with shopping at hirshleifers is that there are no returns once the bag arrives. you can only get store credit if you decide you don't want it. good luck! I would say that if you're on a hunt for a very specific mini combo, put yourself on a waiting list for the cruise collection (which usually arrives in nov-dec).

I have a question related to this post. I now understand the best way to get a mini at retail is to preorder or reserve. Can someone enlighten me on this process boutique vs department store? I'm looking forward to cruise and want to increase my likelihood of getting a mini.

Reactions: shirleyliu90
If you shop at NM or Saks, ask your SA to share the buy book with you for the Cruise 2018 season when it becomes available (it's not currently available). If they can't share the buy book with you, ask if there will be any minis offered and if your name can be added to the list.

I'm new to Chanel and finding that there is quite a learning curve. I added myself to reserve lists 2 months ago and am seeing that even doing that is not enough time. Some places just run straight off the list and others tell me they give priority to people who keep their Cc on file. Either way, when it looked like I had no chance at a black caviar mini I discovered the light gold one and spent Monday morning calling around to any Chanel boutique that I heard had responsive SAs. I was able to find 2 people who could guarantee me a light gold mini and one person who had 3 on hand with no wait list. My mini is currently waiting for me to get home to unbox it. I am keeping all of those SAs numbers on hand for the next round of seasonal releases as it seems that it is hard to always find someone who is responsive and detailed. The part I feel the worst about is this system of waiting lists they've created setting me up to look like an uncommitted buyer to 2 out of 3 of the people who I didn't end up purchasing from.