Ok..is it possible to order a bag here and pick it up in Paris?

I asked my boyfriend's sister to make a SO for me in the Lille boutique in France, but they wouldn't let her do it. They said I had to come in and do it myself. I guess it depends on the boutique and the SA who is taking down the special order...

I asked my boyfriend's sister to make a SO for me in the Lille boutique in France, but they wouldn't let her do it. They said I had to come in and do it myself. I guess it depends on the boutique and the SA who is taking down the special order...

If she has a good relationship with the SA, they should allow her to do an SO. But it must be under her own name and not someone else's. They will make a copy of her passport and key it into the computer too.

If she has a good relationship with the SA, they should allow her to do an SO. But it must be under her own name and not someone else's. They will make a copy of her passport and key it into the computer too.

Ok, well she had never set foot inside an Hermes boutique before when she made an attempt to do the SO for me. I'm guessing that when she was there, she thought she would put the SO in my name instead of her own. I guess it would have helped if she was familiar with Hermes and the Birkin SO process, beforehand. Ah well...hoping my trip to Provence in September will yield some good results!

Your best best may be to drive or fly to NYC and stake out the new Wall St. store as they're getting an enormous amount of inventory so a few days visiting them can yield excellent results.

ITA. I was there recently on a Saturday, it was deserted and it was the first time I actually saw a non-diamond Birkin in a display case...there were numerous Kellys...just tons of stuff.
Buying from Paris isn't the great deal it used to be, with the horrible exchange rate, so, not to fret too much.

ITA. I was there recently on a Saturday, it was deserted and it was the first time I actually saw a non-diamond Birkin in a display case...there were numerous Kellys...just tons of stuff.
Buying from Paris isn't the great deal it used to be, with the horrible exchange rate, so, not to fret too much.
Actually, the price works out to a difference of $3000CDN:yes:. We Canucks pay more in taxes and duties than almost any other country. My SA was lamenting about it with me today. And our dollar is pretty much on par with the US now so it's really just the duties- about 32% when all is said and done! Ugh!

Actually, the price works out to a difference of $3000CDN:yes:. We Canucks pay more in taxes and duties than almost any other country. My SA was lamenting about it with me today. And our dollar is pretty much on par with the US now so it's really just the duties- about 32% when all is said and done! Ugh!

What a bummer! No one in the US should ever complain about cost when you all are having to pay so much more for the same item:nuts: