Chain strap squeak?

Haha God I thought I was the only one...The only bag that squeaks is my 09A metallic grey jumbo. It looks absolutely gorgeous and almost princely but it squeaks everytime I walk like an old swing. Considering the price of these bags, I think it's a shame really. I wonder where it comes from? I've never noticed any problem with my M/L or my GST or other bags though. Only my jumbo!

its very normal to make sounds as its a brand new bag with hard stiff leather inside the chains,,overtime with more usage it will stop the sounds,,no need to be annoyed by it as it sounds great and feels good. i actually really like the noise!

So after changing my jumbo (in caviar) twice due to sqeaky straps I recently discovered that my latest one started to sqeak too!!! Nightmare! But, I think I have found a resolution to the problem. Now I'm not recommending this but it's cured my sqeaky strap problem. I used a small blob of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, I spread it about in my hands and then run my straps through my greasy hands until the straps absorbed it all. It worked! My bag is black, not sure I would've attempted it on another colour but I'm pleased that I've had some success as the sqeaky straps were really annoying me and making carrying my beautiful bag less enjoyable. Just thought I'd share it with you, will let you all know if it lasts!

Reactions: LovinDesigner
i bought a Chanel Jumbo from an online consignment shop. I just got it and it's beautiful, but... it squeaks like crazy!
It's eight years old, so it's not because it's new. Does anyone know how to un-squeak/de-squeak a really noisy chain and leather shoulder strap?