Chain strap squeak?

Mar 10, 2006
ok, now say that again ten times.....just kidding, but seriously, does anyone else have a caviar flap bag with the classic leather/chain strap that kind of squeaks when you wear it? my white jumbo is only about 8 months old and I have only worn it three or four times and not for daily use, just out to dinner, a luncheon, etc...but it is making me nuts and stopping me from using the bag......will it "break in" if I use it more and maybe stop squeaking? or is there maybe something wierd about the leather in the straps? HELP!

Omg, yes haha. :nuts: My blue fonce caviar Jumbo squeaks, as does my black one! :shrugs: :nuts: I have no idea why, but none of my other bags squeak (at least not audibly haha!), and I've carried my black Jumbo a lot more than my blue fonce... it's still happily squeaking away! :P

The chain of my two caviar jumbos do squeak, but I assume it's because the chains are not yet worn in. It doesn't bother me because I love the feeling of a new Chanel.

My mini caviar flap squeaks quite a bit and I am hoping this is because it hasn't been used much. It is my first caviar bag so I have no idea if this will stop, but it is really annoying. I guess it's a fair trade for being able to actually touch it without scratching it every time!

That was always my biggest complaint lol. I actually walked by a table of people in a restaurant and they all turned around when they heard me squeakin by. The new metal chain doesnt squeak but it jingles.