Official MOYNAT Thread

Joint the Moynat club. I bought these goodies back from Paris :biggrin::biggrin:

SLG from Moynat x Miura limited collection
View attachment 4655144

Mini Gaby, so in love. Light, roomy, understated, and functional, a perfect bag for travel
View attachment 4655143
Oh My Goodness! Congratulations on all the Moynat loot! The SLG is adorable, and you bought one of my dream bags- Gaby bb in taupe.
I’m happy to hear it makes a great travel bag. I’m thinking about buying one this spring.
Enjoy your goodies and welcome to the club!

Reactions: Darma
Oh My Goodness! Congratulations on all the Moynat loot! The SLG is adorable, and you bought one of my dream bags- Gaby bb in taupe.
I’m happy to hear it makes a great travel bag. I’m thinking about buying one this spring.
Enjoy your goodies and welcome to the club!

Thank you. I have been traveling a lot, and I started to realize that I don't have a small but functional and under-the radar cross-body bag. Gaby bb fits the bill. The lock design is really smart and user-friendly, very easy to get things in and out of the bag. Better than a Kelly, I have to say. Hope you get your Gaby soon. I will post a couple of mod shots when I have time.

They’re all gorgeous! Enjoy, Moynat are awesome :smile:

Thank you. I bought a small card case from Moynat at Le Bon Mache Paris two years ago and I absolutely love it. Same craftsmanship with Hermes, but much better value.

You picked out some beauties! Congratulations. I wish you continued enjoyment.

Thank you! I have been carry this Gaby for weeks, really love how light it is.

I have been eyeing the Gaby for a while now and had initially planned on getting the pm size. However, the Paris store just sent me photos of the MM size with a canvas strap - the canvas strap is supposed to be a limited edition. I'm planning on using the bag for work/casual outings - for those who have tried both the PM and MM sizes, do you think the MM is too big for casual use? I really like the canvas strap as it is wider and I think would be much more comfortable, or should I wait for the PM instead? Advice please!!!!thumbnail_IMG_0552.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0542.jpg

I have been eyeing the Gaby for a while now and had initially planned on getting the pm size. However, the Paris store just sent me photos of the MM size with a canvas strap - the canvas strap is supposed to be a limited edition. I'm planning on using the bag for work/casual outings - for those who have tried both the PM and MM sizes, do you think the MM is too big for casual use? I really like the canvas strap as it is wider and I think would be much more comfortable, or should I wait for the PM instead? Advice please!!!!View attachment 4657447 View attachment 4657448
IMO the MM is a great work/play bag. The slouchy profile and ability to expand the sides with the snaps make it flexible and very casual.

I think they said the canvas strap version was an exclusive for the opening of the Saks boutique, but since it’s been around a while now perhaps they’re expanding it beyond? (@Sourisbrune, any intel?) I might like the wider strap but since it’s not a huge bag the narrower leather one is good too and doesn’t “dig in” to my shoulder. It’s also adjustable.

I’m eyeing the PM too, but for me I think it’s more of a weekend or day to night bag, not so much for work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagaholic222
IMO the MM is a great work/play bag. The slouchy profile and ability to expand the sides with the snaps make it flexible and very casual.

I think they said the canvas strap version was an exclusive for the opening of the Saks boutique, but since it’s been around a while now perhaps they’re expanding it beyond? (@Sourisbrune, any intel?) I might like the wider strap but since it’s not a huge bag the narrower leather one is good too and doesn’t “dig in” to my shoulder. It’s also adjustable.

I’m eyeing the PM too, but for me I think it’s more of a weekend or day to night bag, not so much for work.
Thanks @bagnut1 for your feedback - I hadn't considered that the canvas strap is not adjustable! Do you find the MM heavy - this is a concern that I have with leather bags in general now.

Thanks @bagnut1 for your feedback - I hadn't considered that the canvas strap is not adjustable! Do you find the MM heavy - this is a concern that I have with leather bags in general now.
No, it’s not heavy - I’m pretty sure it’s safely under 2 lb with strap. The Blush leather is lightweight and “smooshy” (similar to H Togo).
Love the Gaby!

I have been eyeing the Gaby for a while now and had initially planned on getting the pm size. However, the Paris store just sent me photos of the MM size with a canvas strap - the canvas strap is supposed to be a limited edition. I'm planning on using the bag for work/casual outings - for those who have tried both the PM and MM sizes, do you think the MM is too big for casual use? I really like the canvas strap as it is wider and I think would be much more comfortable, or should I wait for the PM instead? Advice please!!!!View attachment 4657447 View attachment 4657448
I love these, especially the top (tourterelle? Guessing here!) with the more contrasting strap colours. I think the size for work and casual would be great! I agree with @bagnut1 the blush leather is very similar to H togo, a little slouchy but pretty resilient so good for work I would think.

I love these, especially the top (tourterelle? Guessing here!) with the more contrasting strap colours. I think the size for work and casual would be great! I agree with @bagnut1 the blush leather is very similar to H togo, a little slouchy but pretty resilient so good for work I would think.
Me too - The contrasting strap is so lovely on the tourterelle. But the eternal debate on practicality especially if used for work.

Reactions: Tonimichelle

The canvas strap Gabys are still being produced. Though exclusive and launched at Saks, they are available through all stores.
The canvas strap has to be purchased with the bag, they are unavailable for special order (w/o a bag purchase) and they will not be made adjustable. I think it would be wonderful if Moynat did an all canvas adjustable version, kind of like a Hermès Evelyne strap.

The canvas strap Gabys are still being produced. Though exclusive and launched at Saks, they are available through all stores.
The canvas strap has to be purchased with the bag, they are unavailable for special order (w/o a bag purchase) and they will not be made adjustable. I think it would be wonderful if Moynat did an all canvas adjustable version, kind of like a Hermès Evelyne strap.
Thanks @Sourisbrune and @bagnut1 - I initially loved the idea of the canvas (wider) strap, but you have both pointed out that it is not adjustable which defeats the purpose somewhat for me!

Reactions: Mousy
Has anyone noticed their Gabrielle/Gaby clasp scratches easily? I’ve had my Gabrielle bag for about a month and while I don’t baby it, I’m not careless with it, yet I found two tiny scratches. Overall, I’m still thrilled with the color, weight and size. Let me know if you’ve experienced some scratching. I may just be a “bull in a china shop”. Thanks!