Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

I am not super familiar with Coach so if y'all can help me please. I see on their website that many items are 30% off listed price. Is this their Thanksgiving sale/Black Friday sale or can I expect the prices to be even better as time goes on (today is Nov. 11). Thanks.

*Alert: random musings of a new Coach convert ahead* ....

Is it just me or does Coach have abnormally thin straps? I've seen so many crossbody, satchels, and carryalls that have what I consider Barbie doll straps...thin and unsubstantial. How can you comfortably carry a bag of that size with a puny strap? It's simply not practical.

I go gaga for turnlocks :love: I just bought my first ever turnlock purse (Coach, of course) and the lock feature is so much fun. As crazy as this sounds, to me it's a deliciously feminine purse detail and I just adore it. Makes me feel like such a lady :lol:

I really like the look of pewter hardware, like on this:

68348_v5grt_a0

So far all of mine have shiny hardware, but the pewter has an understated elegance. I think I want a gray, red, or navy bag with it.

I kinda dig top handle bags. Never thought I'd be a fan as I've only ever had crossbody, which seem more versatile and practical. But I think top handles are cute for date night and times when I'm not doing a lot of running around (like running errands).

Having to carry my bag instead of haphazardly throwing it over my shoulder forces me to pay more attention to how I move and walk. It makes me maneuver more elegantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: houseof999
*Alert: random musings of a new Coach convert ahead* ....

Is it just me or does Coach have abnormally thin straps? I've seen so many crossbody, satchels, and carryalls that have what I consider Barbie doll straps...thin and unsubstantial. How can you comfortably carry a bag of that size with a puny strap? It's simply not practical.

I go gaga for turnlocks :love: I just bought my first ever turnlock purse (Coach, of course) and the lock feature is so much fun. As crazy as this sounds, to me it's a deliciously feminine purse detail and I just adore it. Makes me feel like such a lady :lol:

I really like the look of pewter hardware, like on this:

68348_v5grt_a0

So far all of mine have shiny hardware, but the pewter has an understated elegance. I think I want a gray, red, or navy bag with it.

I kinda dig top handle bags. Never thought I'd be a fan as I've only ever had crossbody, which seem more versatile and practical. But I think top handles are cute for date night and times when I'm not doing a lot of running around (like running errands).

Having to carry my bag instead of haphazardly throwing it over my shoulder forces me to pay more attention to how I move and walk. It makes me maneuver more elegantly.
I think they are making wider straps more often now. The camera bag I got from the outlet has an extra wide guitar style strap. They are also making more bags with completely removable straps, probably to encourage you to buy the straps they sell separately. I wonder if some of these bags they purposely make with skinny uncomfortable straps in order to sell more of the novelty straps.

Reactions: apursenewbie
What the heck? Why didn't someone warn me that Poshmark sellers have a whole stinking week to ship? :amazed:

I just placed my first order there and was expecting a nice turnaround like Mercari, which requires you ship in 3 days max.

Imagine my surprise...and disappointment. If they don't ship, I can request a cancellation but by then it will have been foreverrr. Not to mention having to research and find the bag again elsewhere.

This is like ordering from the outlet online :lol:

Reactions: houseof999
I found a beautiful navy blue bag on Depop. I bookmarked it as I've found that when I make rush bag purchases I often end up regretful.

Went back to make it mine this morning and the price has doubled :crybaby: *insert sad trombone*

BTW, is it just me or are true blue bags hard to find with Coach? Not jade or seafoam or teal but just plain ol' blue jean or navy blue.

What the heck? Why didn't someone warn me that Poshmark sellers have a whole stinking week to ship? :amazed:

Whoa there, cowgirl. Not all Posh sellers take that long to ship. I always try to do same or next day shipping. I want my item gone ASAP and I hate making my buyers wait, too. The sooner I ship, the quicker I get paid.

A piece of advice: check the seller's profile before buying anything. There are a ton of abandoned closets because the seller gave up on selling their stuff due to slow sales. Look for their "last active" time. If it doesn't show on their profile, then the seller is no longer using Posh.

You can try asking a question or sending an offer to get their attention. But don't buy anything unless the seller is still recently active. Having your money tied up for a week is not fun.

Curious if anyone would be interested in sharing some input on purchasing or selling. From what i've read it seems like Poshmark is not the greatest as it seems like a lot of counterfeit bags are trying to be sold. Does Mercari have a better reputation? If im looking to sell off a bunch of 80's and 90's vintage purses what forum would be the best to sell stuff. Have had some stuff on Offer up and am just not getting many interested people even inquiring.
Thanks.

Curious if anyone would be interested in sharing some input on purchasing or selling. From what i've read it seems like Poshmark is not the greatest as it seems like a lot of counterfeit bags are trying to be sold. Does Mercari have a better reputation? If im looking to sell off a bunch of 80's and 90's vintage purses what forum would be the best to sell stuff. Have had some stuff on Offer up and am just not getting many interested people even inquiring.
Thanks.
There is an "ebay" section to the forum where all these selling platforms are discussed. They all have pluses and minuses. Don't forget Etsy.