Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

Can someone explain how ****** works? I see people referring to this all the time when buying Coach stuff. Never used it so I am curious.
Did you actually post asterisks or did something get redacted and replaced by asterisks?

I'm not sure what you're asking about. (Are you referring to a certain authentication company?)

Did you actually post asterisks or did something get redacted and replaced by asterisks?

I'm not sure what you're asking about. (Are you referring to a certain authentication company?)
I was thinking it might be about that company that gives you a certain percentage back with purchase, and has "bates" as part of their name.

Not sure what's up with the censorship, but all you basically do once you sign up for an account is click through to Coach via E-bates, and it will give you back a percentage of what you spent on your purchase. The percentage fluctuates, but I've seen it as high as 10% for Canadian E-bates on rare occasions. I think USA gets even more sometimes.

Reactions: bluesh4rk
I think because the 'bates competes with click-through revenue of TPF, it's been censored out to encourage clicking on TPF sponsors directly. It is the same reason that sponsor names in posts get hyperlinked with special affiliate codes of TPF. Non-sponsors that do not provide click-through revenue stream competition (certain department stores, for example), do not get hyperlinked. At least, that's my theory.

But thanks for the heads up! I need another purse like......like, I need another purse!

@BeenBurned , @whateve is correct. I didn't realize it "fuzzed" out that name automatically.

Not sure what's up with the censorship, but all you basically do once you sign up for an account is click through to Coach via E-bates, and it will give you back a percentage of what you spent on your purchase. The percentage fluctuates, but I've seen it as high as 10% for Canadian E-bates on rare occasions. I think USA gets even more sometimes.

I think because the 'bates competes with click-through revenue of TPF, it's been censored out to encourage clicking on TPF sponsors directly. It is the same reason that sponsor names in posts get hyperlinked with special affiliate codes of TPF. Non-sponsors that do not provide click-through revenue stream competition (certain department stores, for example), do not get hyperlinked. At least, that's my theory.

But thanks for the heads up! I need another purse like......like, I need another purse!
Sheesh! Thanks for explaining. I agreed with @faintlymacabre and didn't see the issue but @donutsprinkles explanation makes perfect sense.

Reactions: bluesh4rk
They were offering 13% on Friday the 13th.....I think that's the largest I've ever the % back.

Here's an unusual case where Coach made a mistake. I wonder how many sellers will be accused of selling a fake. :sad:
Coach Round Coin Case w/Wrong # on Inside Tag

The item is a coin purse, style 87220. Although the tag that came with it is correct for the style, the label sewn inside is for a different style.

upload_2017-11-6_21-2-31.png

upload_2017-11-6_21-2-51.png

The following is the tag sewn into the inside of the coin purse:
upload_2017-11-6_21-3-46.png

But the following is what style 11727 looks like:
upload_2017-11-6_21-4-35.png

Reactions: whateve
I wasn't sure were to post this & didn't want to start a new thread...

How do ya'll carry your keys? Mine are just loose on a split ring and I don't love them flopping around in my leather lined bags (I baby my bags).

I've toyed with a Coach key case but that may be larger than I'd like. I tend toward smaller bags so looking for a compact solution. (Dinky's are my daily go-to) I've also poked around Etsy and seen some interesting options. Just thought I'd get some professional recommendations before making a decision. (Pics are more than welcome) TIA :flowers:

Reactions: TangerineKandy
I wasn't sure were to post this & didn't want to start a new thread...

How do ya'll carry your keys? Mine are just loose on a split ring and I don't love them flopping around in my leather lined bags (I baby my bags).

I've toyed with a Coach key case but that may be larger than I'd like. I tend toward smaller bags so looking for a compact solution. (Dinky's are my daily go-to) I've also poked around Etsy and seen some interesting options. Just thought I'd get some professional recommendations before making a decision. (Pics are more than welcome) TIA :flowers:
Sorry, I can't help you there, I only carry one key and that's to my house. (My car only has a fob) When I once needed to carry a few other keys ( ones I didn't have to use on a daily basis) I kept them on a separate ring and stored them in a wristlet where I keep all small items.

Last edited:
Reactions: MooMooVT
Sorry, I can't help you there, I only carry one key and that's to my house. (My car only has a fob) When I once needed to carry a few other keys I kept them on a separate ring and stored them in a wristlet where I keep all small items.
I do need to pare down the number of keys I carry daily. I have 4 house keys, 2 work keys, a car fob, & a bunch of reward cards I rarely use. Time to trim the fat.

Reactions: Suzanne B.