Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Spring/Summer 2016 thread: Post pics and discuss here!

So pretty! I love the return to brocade and tapestry! It used to be such a huge thing, these crazy intricate tapestries that Renaissance artists would create. People would travel to see these giant, incredibly detailed woven pieces of art.

When BV launches something limited edition like this, I wonder how they decide which stores will get it?!

So pretty! I love the return to brocade and tapestry! It used to be such a huge thing, these crazy intricate tapestries that Renaissance artists would create. People would travel to see these giant, incredibly detailed woven pieces of art.

When BV launches something limited edition like this, I wonder how they decide which stores will get it?!
I don't know how they decide but I would guess they send them to the stores with the higher end sales. But I do know that other stores can request bags be sent for their customers to see. At our meet up, VF brought in a couple of croc bags for Mousse to check out. One was 1 of 2 in the country and the other one was the only one in that color available.

That bag is drop dead gorgeous. It reminds me of past travels to Italy - the impeccable detail of wood and stone. I know that Tomas personally selects goodies for Melrose Place. I just love this boutique. I am an LA girl at heart and love my visits to this boutique when I am in town for biz because the SAs are so engaging. If you have a relationship with an SA, they can transfer items for you in the US.

Last edited:
I don't know how they decide but I would guess they send them to the stores with the higher end sales. But I do know that other stores can request bags be sent for their customers to see. At our meet up, VF brought in a couple of croc bags for Mousse to check out. One was 1 of 2 in the country and the other one was the only one in that color available.

I think limited edition bags get rotated around stores too.

There is a pic of this bag in a BV ad in the new April issue of Bazaar mag. It is super cute. The pattern reminds me of a batik design from years ago.

Maybe there are making a cheaper version of it - leather instead of skin.
I took a magnifier to the pic in Bazaar and you can see the beautiful skins. The red bag on the opposite page is also skin, maybe croc.

It would be worth buying if you could afford it - quite a collector's piece.

Grietje how did the move and fundraiser go?

Gosh, thanks for asking S! We are in and have been for three weeks. May 12-16 were really busy trying to wrap up the house and get things moved in, DH and I did the college move of carloads of stuff and unpacking it right away. It worked because it was just the big peices on moving day and we had a bed made and had a home cooked meal that night.

The next three days were about unpacking what remained and hanging art in preparation for the fundraiser. And the fundraiser went well. About 80 people showed. It was a great turnout all around.

Since then, we've continued to settle in. It does not feel like home yet but that will come soon enough. As I type I've got two dogs by my side so it's feeling really nice right now.

I hope you are well. How are you managing the weather?

Gosh, thanks for asking S! We are in and have been for three weeks. May 12-16 were really busy trying to wrap up the house and get things moved in, DH and I did the college move of carloads of stuff and unpacking it right away. It worked because it was just the big peices on moving day and we had a bed made and had a home cooked meal that night.

The next three days were about unpacking what remained and hanging art in preparation for the fundraiser. And the fundraiser went well. About 80 people showed. It was a great turnout all around.

Since then, we've continued to settle in. It does not feel like home yet but that will come soon enough. As I type I've got two dogs by my side so it's feeling really nice right now.

I hope you are well. How are you managing the weather?

I thought I posted in chat thread oh well
How are Harry and Leslie adjusting?
The weather 😡😱😤 I am in Florida visiting my son and granddaughter and my lovely DIL
I am leaving today in a Tropical storm
Hate to fly anyway
My plane takes off at 1:43. Rain supposed to stop at noon.
So far flight status is on time.
Hope I get home in time to vote.
It was wonderful to see my little puddin head she is a cutie