Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Spring/Summer 2013 Thread - post pics and discuss here!

Just got back from the trunk show. The clothes were beautifully detailed; they really need to be seen up close. I looked through and then the ninja (yes! I met up with him) went over them with me again and I couldn't believe how much I missed! Of course, they are priced accordingly but the dresses are basically handmade and works of art.

The butterfly cabat is just as pretty in person. It is made of the Memory leather as are the butterflies so you can position them as you wish. The butterflies are woven into the cabat. Priced in the mid $12K. limited edition of 200 worldwide.

The butterfly knot has 3 different sizes butterflies in 7 different colors. It also is made of Memory leather. Priced at $3600. it is a limited edition of 200 (? I forgot exactly how many).

Studded cabat - love it! Made if Napa and very light. The studs look a little like the tip of a Phillips head screwdriver. They are placed between the two intrecciato layer then allowed to poke through the outside leather. it's a subtle effect but very nice. Will come in Eduardo and Nero. I only saw the large version so did not look at the price. I definitely want some version of this treatment.

Eduardo is the new brown color. It is a very good cool medium brown. I think it should be a classic color. There is also the Eduardo Jr, an even lighter brown which reminds me of Noce.

I shouldn't forget the shoes. Verrrry high but so light. the ones with butterflies on them were embossed with a pattern. really elegant. I wish they'd make a lower version for clutzes like me. Ninja has seen it on regular people and he said it's surprisingly wearable - made the wearer look like models. Priced at $1350.

The men's side has these bags made with coated linen - much better than those coated canvas bags we see all the time. This is very soft and supple and has sheen (leather-like). the lining looks like burlap. We need to demand more bags in this material. I'd love a bike messenger bag in this.

I'm sure others will have more details.

Just got back from the trunk show. The clothes were beautifully detailed; they really need to be seen up close. I looked through and then the ninja (yes! I met up with him) went over them with me again and I couldn't believe how much I missed! Of course, they are priced accordingly but the dresses are basically handmade and works of art.

The butterfly cabat is just as pretty in person. It is made of the Memory leather as are the butterflies so you can position them as you wish. The butterflies are woven into the cabat. Priced in the mid $12K. limited edition of 200 worldwide.

The butterfly knot has 3 different sizes butterflies in 7 different colors. It also is made of Memory leather. Priced at $3600. it is a limited edition of 200 (? I forgot exactly how many).

Studded cabat - love it! Made if Napa and very light. The studs look a little like the tip of a Phillips head screwdriver. They are placed between the two intrecciato layer then allowed to poke through the outside leather. it's a subtle effect but very nice. Will come in Eduardo and Nero. I only saw the large version so did not look at the price. I definitely want some version of this treatment.

Eduardo is the new brown color. It is a very good cool medium brown. I think it should be a classic color. There is also the Eduardo Jr, an even lighter brown which reminds me of Noce.

I shouldn't forget the shoes. Verrrry high but so light. the ones with butterflies on them were embossed with a pattern. really elegant. I wish they'd make a lower version for clutzes like me. Ninja has seen it on regular people and he said it's surprisingly wearable - made the wearer look like models. Priced at $1350.

The men's side has these bags made with coated linen - much better than those coated canvas bags we see all the time. This is very soft and supple and has sheen (leather-like). the lining looks like burlap. We need to demand more bags in this material. I'd love a bike messenger bag in this.

thanks apey and ninja- you have no idea how much i wish i could have been there.
the clothes, cabats and knots sound amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I could have gone!

Butterfly Knot and other S/S 13 Bags style

Attachments

• 001fullscreen.jpg
    001fullscreen.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 2,003
  • 005fullscreen.jpg
    005fullscreen.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 1,791
  • 004fullscreen.jpg
    004fullscreen.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 003fullscreen.jpg
    003fullscreen.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • 002fullscreen.jpg
    002fullscreen.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • 006fullscreen.jpg
    006fullscreen.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 1,319
Last edited:
Jewelry style

Attachments

• 005fullscreen.jpg
    005fullscreen.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 004fullscreen.jpg
    004fullscreen.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 003fullscreen.jpg
    003fullscreen.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 002fullscreen.jpg
    002fullscreen.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 001fullscreen.jpg
    001fullscreen.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,347
  • 008fullscreen.jpg
    008fullscreen.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 1,204
  • 009fullscreen.jpg
    009fullscreen.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 007fullscreen.jpg
    007fullscreen.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 1,250
  • 006fullscreen.jpg
    006fullscreen.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,195
Last edited:
Shoes style

Attachments

• 001fullscreen.jpg
    001fullscreen.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 002fullscreen.jpg
    002fullscreen.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 1,183
  • 003fullscreen.jpg
    003fullscreen.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 004fullscreen.jpg
    004fullscreen.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 005fullscreen.jpg
    005fullscreen.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,193
This could be my next Knot ... so very pretty -

1942746d1352645691-official-bottega-veneta-spring-summer-2013-thread-post-005fullscreen.jpg

Love the woven black top-handle bag!
Anyone seen it or have more info? Tia!

Do you mean this one? If so, then yes I've seen it and I adored it! It's a rather large bag and can, obviously, only be carried by hand or in the crook of your arm as there is no longer strap of any sort.

It is rather pricey though - about $6400. Can't recall if it was actually $6300, $6500, etc., but you get the idea... Personally, I'd been expecting it to be in the $3500-4000 range.

Attachments

• 006fullscreen.jpg
    006fullscreen.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,139
Do you mean this one? If so, then yes I've seen it and I adored it! It's a rather large bag and can, obviously, only be carried by hand or in the crook of your arm as there is no longer strap of any sort.

It is rather pricey though - about $6400. Can't recall if it was actually $6300, $6500, etc., but you get the idea... Personally, I'd been expecting it to be in the $3500-4000 range.

Thanks for your help :smile:
That one is gorgeous but i had my eye on the kelly-style bag :smile:
Wish i could get that butterfly cabat!