Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I normally make it a priority to watch the BV shows live, but this time I was in the middle of a major move. Still haven't had time to watch it! Now I'm excited seeing all the comments about it.
I am going to look for it and watch it too, the PB article got me excited about the bags. Hope the settling in is going well - moving is so stressful :hugs:
Thanks for posting the article @jbags07. Love all of the exotics especially the Lauren, of course. It's interesting that they're bringing back/keep referencing TM-era styles. Since they're doing that I wish they would have changed the knot clutch clasp back, JMO.
My pleasure :flowers: PB showcased some amazing bags in that article, would be great to generate some chat about the new seasons bags….the BV threads have been so quiet lately.

I prefer the old clasp too. While the new clasp kind of mimics barbed wire, it gives a modern feel which is what they seem to be doing with older TM designs - keeping the bones but adding a modern twist. It's just so wonderful they’ve brought Knots back :heart: And now Laurens too :panic: my heart skips a beat looking at those croc Laurens :love:

OMG this black bag, a reinterpreted Cassette with an envelope-esque flap top and grained leather. I was jonesing for a Cassette in a grained leather--especially in Raintree--but that gold handle hardware was a no-go for me. This however... *fans self* :yes:

View attachment 5972353
Omg both bags are :heart:
The grained leather adds wonderful texture to the larger weave on this envelope bag - i am generally not a fan of the newer, larger weave - but this is beautiful

Reactions: Evergreen602
At a work dinner yesterday a co-worker's girlfriend showed up with a counterfeit BV Jodi. They are visiting from New York, and she was bragging about how easy it is to get counterfeits there. So disgusting that people buy and carry counterfeits.
Well…I am not going to judge anyone that harshly, except why advertise it? I had one or two super fake bags about 30 years ago…gave them away. I wouldn’t buy one now…if I can’t or won’t spend for the real bag I will go without. But…these bags are absolutely ridiculously priced…how many people can really afford to spend upwards of 4 or 5 thousand dollars on a purse?

Sorry…that is just my opinion.

Help! I am torn between keeping and sending back. I actually packed her up and sealed the box yesterday and i am hesitating today…..any thoughts would be appreciated :smile:

I love blue and this is a beautiful blue, would be perfect for summer! But - i have a lot of blue bags. And i have 6 Laurens and a multitude of Knots plus several other clutches. And clutches are a once in awhile carry not a daily carry for me. So this Pouch would not be carried a lot. Just occasionally. I have a lot of ‘occasional use’ bags. So i am trying to be really careful about any bags i add. I have so many bags it gets overwhelming, and i’ve been selling bags that don’t work for me (mostly shoulder bags). As we all know, whether you sell on your own or to a reseller, i’ve lost a lot of money on all the bags i’ve recently sold. So i want to be careful about any bags i add and be pretty sure they are keepers!

Bottom line.
~I got a good price on it. I love the color. Love the look of the pouch. So i bought it.
~is it worth keeping when it will only be occasionally used, especially since i still have too many bags? I have a lot of blue bags too, and while not the exact shade, 3 similar colors are my small garda, pico 18, bolide, nodini, plus i have a teal colored Lauren. The pouch is a brighter blue and a different bag, but — i would likely reach for the other more practical bags before reaching for the pouch.

Thoughts? Thank you for any feedback. Usually i can make my own decisions but i am torn on this one. Usually i would just keep it. But i really am trying to curate my collection!

IMG_8425.jpeg

Cute but no thanks. IMO Too electric looking not luxe enough for your collection.
Thank you @Nibb :smile:

I needed to hear that

I do think its pretty, but u are right. This is the second pouch i’ve tried, and The leather is not in the same league as the leather on TM bags. Its just not. And the shininess bothers me. Not sure if its some kind of seal or something? but DL era bags have this sheen to the leather. Its not as luxe as old bottega.

Thank you @Nibb :smile:

I needed to hear that

I do think its pretty, but u are right. This is the second pouch i’ve tried, and The leather is not in the same league as the leather on TM bags. Its just not. And the shininess bothers me. Not sure if its some kind of seal or something? but DL era bags have this sheen to the leather. Its not as luxe as old bottega.
I always felt that that size pouch needed an NFL logo. :broom: