Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

You are all wonderful, thats why i love the BV forum so much :love:

i was out of action yesterday and missed the convos, i appreciate u all so much! And @muchstuff, u called and asked them to hold it! I have no words. You have a heart of pure gold:heart:

i am royally ticked off they mysteriously found it again. I am thinking they cancelled the sale b/c of my 200$ coupon (the knot is only 365:lol:). And of course now ive purchased another bag with that coupon. So they can sell for full price. Which admittedly is a steal! I do not like buying from them! So much sketchy stuff. But. Off i go to make my purchase….thank u all for being so wonderful:hugs:

Last edited:
Just received the bag i bought with that coupon a few minutes ago. A beautiful blue Cocker. Not sure of the color blue, but its amazing. Lining is filthy and needs a cleaning or replacement, but the main issue is the magnetic closure isn’t working. I’ve just sent an email to Modern to see if they can fix it …..was hoping a BVette might know, while i await their response, if this is an easy or not so easy fix.

this issue was not disclosed by TRR. (Surprise! Lol). And they threw the bag in the box with no TRR dust bag on it, and the BV dust bag inside the bag itself. No receipt or paperwork in the box, no bubblewrap. Just the bag tossed in with no protection to be tossed about. Thankfully after a quick lookover i do not see any damage. But buyer beware ……unless i see a really special BV piece, i am kinda done with TRR…..they’ve been a hot mess for awhile, but its even worse lately….

I have to say tho, regarding the style….what a beautiful little bag! And an amazingly smooshy pile of cervo. And i love the intrecciato accented pockets on the ends.

974D7398-6F8C-4ABF-AC13-6C531409606D.jpegBEB1FD41-1097-40EA-8370-920025461A29.jpeg

Just received the bag i bought with that coupon a few minutes ago. A beautiful blue Cocker. Not sure of the color blue, but its amazing. Lining is filthy and needs a cleaning or replacement, but the main issue is the magnetic closure isn’t working. I’ve just sent an email to Modern to see if they can fix it …..was hoping a BVette might know, while i await their response, if this is an easy or not so easy fix.

this issue was not disclosed by TRR. (Surprise! Lol). And they threw the bag in the box with no TRR dust bag on it, and the BV dust bag inside the bag itself. No receipt or paperwork in the box, no bubblewrap. Just the bag tossed in with no protection to be tossed about. Thankfully after a quick lookover i do not see any damage. But buyer beware ……unless i see a really special BV piece, i am kinda done with TRR…..they’ve been a hot mess for awhile, but its even worse lately….

I have to say tho, regarding the style….what a beautiful little bag! And an amazingly smooshy pile of cervo. And i love the intrecciato accented pockets on the ends.

View attachment 5416430View attachment 5416431
does it have purple suede lining by any chance?

It's a beautiful bag. What does TRR say about the undisclosed problems? They recently listed something of mine at an absurdly low price. It was consignment and the listing went live before I could even approve it. I settled for a merchandise credit for the difference in what it should have been. Of course there was nothing I wanted to buy from them for myself. I've been on a bit of a Chanel kick lately and their Chanel bags are non- returnable.

All things considered, is the bag usable with the magnetic closure out of commission? Can you do a light sponge cleaning to the lining?

Reactions: jbags07

Love the bag - Cervo is a favorite of mine! Now for TRR, I was already weary of them based on my one buying experience (undisclosed fragrance odor and loss of structure). I also wish they would provide more photos of better quality, give more complete descriptions of the condition, and update their return policy to be comparable with their competitors. It's not a customer friendly experience. I occasionally search for bags on their site, but will not purchase from them unless the item is difficult to find, and looks to be in perfect condition.

It's a beautiful bag. What does TRR say about the undisclosed problems? They recently listed something of mine at an absurdly low price. It was consignment and the listing went live before I could even approve it. I settled for a merchandise credit for the difference in what it should have been. Of course there was nothing I wanted to buy from them for myself. I've been on a bit of a Chanel kick lately and their Chanel bags are non- returnable.

All things considered, is the bag usable with the magnetic closure out of commission? Can you do a light sponge cleaning to the lining?
I’m sorry to hear about your consignment loss :sad: at least they gave u credit, but not when it forces u to purchase something u don’t really want, if nothing sparks interest on their site. I agree its best not to buy Chanel from them, the no return policy at that pricepoint is concerning. My favorite Chanel reseller is Boutique Patina. Theresa is all over those bags in terms of authentication. And she sells the most amazing vintage bags. I was lucky to get a few bags from her 3-4 years ago, before these recent price explosions. Check her out tho, she is always adding new inventory.

And thank u, this little Cocker is a pretty little bag. I have not called trr yet, mulling it over first if i want to keep it and just get it fixed. It could work as is, but i like the added security of the magnet. And if i kerp it i will send it for a cleaning at least, and possibly a lining replacement, if they can’t do much with the cleaning.

Love the bag - Cervo is a favorite of mine! Now for TRR, I was already weary of them based on my one buying experience (undisclosed fragrance odor and loss of structure). I also wish they would provide more photos of better quality, give more complete descriptions of the condition, and update their return policy to be comparable with their competitors. It's not a customer friendly experience. I occasionally search for bags on their site, but will not purchase from them unless the item is difficult to find, and looks to be in perfect condition.
Thank u! Cervo is :heart: Isn’t it!

yeah, TRR is troubling. I’ve had too many issues with them, and a couple of recent issues with FP too , and life has enough stress, these transactions should be simple and straight forward and not add to stress. Agreed, provide clear pix and descriptions! TRR almost never discloses issues. Fragrance odor as u said, but a common issue with these older bags is the mold/mildew smell. Ive had some really nasty ones from TRR. But, they get a lot of great, older TM bags. Bags i love. Thats why i keep looking, despite all of their issues. They get some really neat older pieces that FP, Yoogis, Rebag will not sell (they generally stick to the more popular styles)….

Reactions: Evergreen602

Congratulations on adding this beauty to your collection! Glad it wasn't damaged in shipping.

And thank u, this little Cocker is a pretty little bag. I have not called trr yet, mulling it over first if i want to keep it and just get it fixed. It could work as is, but i like the added security of the magnet. And if i kerp it i will send it for a cleaning at least, and possibly a lining replacement, if they can’t do much with the cleaning.

It is a pretty bag...though I'm sorry about the experience with the magnet and lining. I really don't get why TRR won't take more trouble to give accurate descriptions and interior photos. I guess with the volume of new listings they get each day, they can't be bothered. I'm wary now because I just made a purchase yesterday of something older and special, a Grommet/Eyelet Veneta in cervo. I have not seen one come up recently for sale and I really like the Veneta for its zipper closure as far as styles go. Will post an update after arrival.

It is a pretty bag...though I'm sorry about the experience with the magnet and lining. I really don't get why TRR won't take more trouble to give accurate descriptions and interior photos. I guess with the volume of new listings they get each day, they can't be bothered. I'm wary now because I just made a purchase yesterday of something older and special, a Grommet/Eyelet Veneta in cervo. I have not seen one come up recently for sale and I really like the Veneta for its zipper closure as far as styles go. Will post an update after arrival.
I hope your Veneta arrives in wonderful condition! It sounds beautiful. Please share a pic with us when you get it?! It is unfortunate that TRR is so hit and miss. But they are one of the only resellers with these special older pieces, as u said. Its a risk, and the reward is great when the bag not only doesnt have undisclosed issues, but exceeds expectations. I love older Venetas as you do, and i found an amazing and special one a few months ago on TRR that arrived in mint condition, a 2006 special edition Japanese release that i just treasure. And that is why i keep going back and why all the frogs we receive are worth it, when we find these princes :biggrin: I hope yours is a prince too!

I love older Venetas as you do, and i found an amazing and special one a few months ago on TRR that arrived in mint condition, a 2006 special edition Japanese release that i just treasure. And that is why i keep going back and why all the frogs we receive are worth it, when we find these princes :biggrin: I hope yours is a prince too!
Frog prince :P - that's funny! I had to scroll back and I found your photo that includes your Omotesando special edition Veneta, looks beautiful. I'm feeling guilty about the Veneta purchase, as I generally do till the bag arrives and I can check it out. At least then I'll have the satisfaction of knowing the condition. Honestly I need to update my wardrobe and could add some great classic pieces for the price of even these used bags.

Frog prince :P - that's funny! I had to scroll back and I found your photo that includes your Omotesando special edition Veneta, looks beautiful. I'm feeling guilty about the Veneta purchase, as I generally do till the bag arrives and I can check it out. At least then I'll have the satisfaction of knowing the condition. Honestly I need to update my wardrobe and could add some great classic pieces for the price of even these used bags.
Lolol i thought it was an appropriate analogy…..and thank u! I know the Omotesando isn’t everyones cup of tea, but its also a bag you need go see irl. Pix do not do it justice.

I understand your guilt..with a no return policy, it can be a terrible waste of money when you get a frog….and it adds up fast. Thinking good thoughts for your prince :flowers: and then you can focus for a bit on wardrobe updates….

Reactions: Nibb and GoStanford