Scarves ode to wearing shawls

I love this on you!!!! You rock this shawl and it gives me a great idea of how to wear it. Thanks for posting this. You are STUNNING!!!

I'm also really excited about this thread as I didn't know it existed. I can't wait to go through it all-- I've already seen some fabulous pics and I've only gotten through 2 pages!

It's a great thread full of treasures and history. For example, you can see some of MaiTai posts here.
Look forward to your posts!

I tried to find the instructions Lovely64 posted but I had no luck. Like Kitty S. said, do the cowboy knot. Tuck one of the tails into the triangle. Take the other tail and weave it under the end you just tucked in and over the top of the triangle. So it's kind of like a cowboy weave knot. I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll try to take pics tomorrow.

Great idea! Someone started a thread on 90cm, it has become quite popular, and I am learning a lot from it. It'd seem most appropriate to revitalize this thread now. Love to see different ways of wearing GM here!

Off the topic a bit: which leather is you K? So impressed by its water-resistance!
Hi! Its box! But its over 50 year old and it was polished many times! Hahaha

I didn't even know this thread existed! I'm going to try and post a new classic knot, one that I learned from another tPFer. I haven't been able to post pics for days so wish me luck it works! I learned this from Lovely64 and I have to say it is brilliant. I'm not sure what she calls it but in my mind, it's a weave cowboy knot. You get hanging tails but they don't flop around in the wind and looks a bit neater in my opinion. Thank you Lovely64! I hope you see this and post a few of your own selfies for us to all enjoy.

Finally success with the image upload!
View attachment 2796926

Your knot is peeerfection!!!

This thread started it all for me with the GM madness!!! I can't wait to post pics here bc I forgot all about it!!!! I just received my Violet Marwari on Monday so I will be wearing it tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!

Can anyone help me to ID this shawl. Thanks.

(Picture taken from post #8 of this thread)
attachment.php
Miss Al, it's called Op'H from a few years ago :smile: Modeled by the lovely Robee IIRC.

Last edited:

Your knot is peeerfection!!!

This thread started it all for me with the GM madness!!! I can't wait to post pics here bc I forgot all about it!!!! I just received my Violet Marwari on Monday so I will be wearing it tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!

IF - can't wait to see your Marwari. I am going to "have a look" at this one too but I'm scared I will have no willpower.