Ode to the Evelyne

I got my first Evelyne in May and been using it without an insert, but I see many people do. Is it mainly preference and for organization? Or can the inside of the bag get damaged more easily since it’s untreated leather?

All of the above for me... 1. I was scared my keys, pens, sunglasses case (very angular) would stretch, stain or slash the delicate inside, 2. I wanted a zipper insert so I could travel without worry of pickpockets, 3. I just needed more compartments... everything sinks to the bottom and it drove me crazy b/c my hand couldn't reach the bottom of the bag unless I held the bag up, 4. I like the look of the bag when it's fuller/stuffed, versus saggy when a bunch of stuff sinks to the bottom.

I joined the Evelyne family 2 months ago. :biggrin:
I got the PM in Blue Nuit with PHW.

I hope this is the right place to post the question.
I wonder how many of you wear the bag with the H against the body?

(I think this topic must have been discussed in the past but I just cannot go through 587 pages of this thread)

Thanks everyone for the reply. :smile: I asked because most of the pictures I can see on this thread, the H is not against the body. I remember reading somewhere that the H against the body is the 'correct' way to wear the bag. I also find that it's easier to open and get my hand inside the bag. :amuse:

I need COLOR help please! I got an etain Evelyne with PHW in May. I love it :heart:

I’m a stay at home mom with young kids and thinking I’d like to add another evie to my collection. I’d like a real workhorse color because of my busy mom lifestyle. Etain is a great color but I still sometimes worry about it. My local boutique has a blue nuit with ghw and I can’t decide if I should take the plunge. I also like black with ghw but I hav other black leather with ghw bags from other designers. Also Hermes does color so well. I looked at the blue nuit in store today and it’s so gorgeous, I’m just not sure if it’s silly to have two neutral colors? I don’t know.... I’m so torn. :wtf:

I need COLOR help please! I got an etain Evelyne with PHW in May. I love it :heart:

I’m a stay at home mom with young kids and thinking I’d like to add another evie to my collection. I’d like a real workhorse color because of my busy mom lifestyle. Etain is a great color but I still sometimes worry about it. My local boutique has a blue nuit with ghw and I can’t decide if I should take the plunge. I also like black with ghw but I hav other black leather with ghw bags from other designers. Also Hermes does color so well. I looked at the blue nuit in store today and it’s so gorgeous, I’m just not sure if it’s silly to have two neutral colors? I don’t know.... I’m so torn. :wtf:

My two Evelynes are Etoupe (GM) and Blue Sapphire (PM), so I’m the last person who will tell you it’s silly! These colors, while both neutral, are entirely different from one another. Do you need another neutral Evie? Of course not. But if the Blue Nuit goes with your wardrobe and you love it, why not? :biggrin::cool:

Blue nuit with ghw is beautiful!!! Another option of workhorse evelyne imo is gold with ghw and I just saw one on display in my home store and its gorgeous!!
I'm a stay at home mom too (3 boys!) and I have a Blue Hydra evie PM (my very first h bag!) And also rose extreme evie tpm when I dont need to carry so much and also its super light and cute!
Good luck on deciding!

Reactions: jill39
Thank you both!

I actually was thisclose to buying a gold evie with ghw a few weeks ago but the SA felt it was too light and I’d “definitely need to have it sent to be cleaned eventually” so it turned me off to wanting it, but I’m also not sure how true that is. It’s so hard because you can’t return it and I’m so indecisive! I went to the store totally completely prepared to walk out with the blue nuit but just couldn’t do it because I have evie commitment issues. :eek:

Reactions: Sol M
I also want
Blue nuit with ghw is beautiful!!! Another option of workhorse evelyne imo is gold with ghw and I just saw one on display in my home store and its gorgeous!!
I'm a stay at home mom too (3 boys!) and I have a Blue Hydra evie PM (my very first h bag!) And also rose extreme evie tpm when I dont need to carry so much and also its super light and cute!
Good luck on deciding!

Just wanted to say...... boy mom here too. :love:

Reactions: grapegravity

The Blue Nuit with ghw is gorgeous and classic, I expect it will go with everything. I recently spotted an Evie on the U.K. website in Blue Encre, I hadn’t seen that before, maybe it’s a new seasonal colour? It looked beautiful, a bit of a brighter blue. Might be worth investigating what else is available!

If I hadn’t committed to the noir ghw, bleu nuit ghw would be my auto buy. Gold is a great option as well. Good luck - imho you can never have too many Evies. I’ve used mine almost exclusively this past year. :smile:

Blue Nuit with GHW is a dream bag for me. I would totally go for it. I really think the GHW warms the color up so much so it isn’t quite as neutral as you would think, and it always looks stunning.

If you don’t take it, I will [emoji23]

Take it! It's not silly. They are two neutral colors that are very different. I would much prefer blue Nuit than noir. I would prefer Blue Nuit over gold since you have Etain.