Scarves Ode to the 70 cm Scarves

Reactions: Ellen409
It’s a 70cm in cotton , Au Clair de la Mer .
I always carry it in my rucksack for using as a hairband, scarf or in this case a top, if I leave without it I feel bereft.
On a hike which started in coolish cloudy weather we came to a beautiful stretch of Le Gardon near Pont du Gard, and the clouds disappeared .After a refreshing skinny dip in the green waters I found it useful as a towel and then as a little sun top.
Dear frou frou! What a lovely photo!! You look so beautiful in your sunny top!! :hbeat:

Reactions: Ellen409
Welcoming my new (to me) 70cm Julie Abadie Chateaux d'Arriere from 2012 in noir/blanc/violine (CW 07).

I also wore it for SOTD and the story was... I saw it, loved the dramatic color scheme and it tied really well. Then when I got it in, the delectable pale aqua contrast hem stole the show. It's a keeper.

It smelled like it had been bathed in Febreeze (ack....) and was wadded up and tossed in its box, but a gentle sudsing in delicates detergent, a pat down in a towel and a quick blow dry and she was back to smooth (smell free) silky glory.
cahteauxd'aa.jpg

chateauxhem.jpg merladies.jpg chateauxd'ab.jpg

Welcoming my new (to me) 70cm Julie Abadie Chateaux d'Arriere from 2012 in noir/blanc/violine (CW 07).

I also wore it for SOTD and the story was... I saw it, loved the dramatic color scheme and it tied really well. Then when I got it in, the delectable pale aqua contrast hem stole the show. It's a keeper.

It smelled like it had been bathed in Febreeze (ack....) and was wadded up and tossed in its box, but a gentle sudsing in delicates detergent, a pat down in a towel and a quick blow dry and she was back to smooth (smell free) silky glory.
View attachment 4173987

View attachment 4173986 View attachment 4173984 View attachment 4173985

That is a stunning shade of purple. :heart:

View attachment 4173987

Absolutely gorgeous!! Major congrats on this truly wonderful find, dear bunnycat!!

Reactions: bunnycat

View attachment 4173987

Love this design and combo. The color is so dramatic and captures my heart immediately. Lucky find!!!

View attachment 4173987

Congrats, dear bunnycat, amazing colours!

View attachment 4173987

Gorgeous! The only 70cm that I have is actually an LV scarf (I missed the non-H week) but it's a great size. I need to start hunting some of the vintage ones.