ODE to the 25cm Birkin

Hihi, I’m thinking of getting a blue indigo b25 in swift. I am wondering if it is slouchy? Will it discolour over time? I have a 35 swift and it’s kinda slouchy but I’m not sure if it’s the same for a 25. TIA!

I would not describe my B25 in black swift as slouchy, rather that the front and back panels are more soft, making it easier to open and close the bag in comparison to my barenias. I use an insert in all my Bs that give the bags a little structure but mainly protect the inside. If I buy another B25 it would definitely be swift or matte croc.

My swift bag is by far my most used bag,indigo will be great because like black it doesn’t show colour transfer. Swift shows better the blue shade in indigo in comparison to togo or clemence. If you like a really structured B25 then my choice would be chevre, but I prefer that leather in larger bags.

Reactions: Bee-licious
I posted this into the Twillys on Handles thread but thought the story might also be useful here too...

I have recently found that the handles of my Hermes bags are leaving large indents in my arms that seem to linger for many ‘embarrassing’ hours afterwards (a side-effect of aging and lost collagen in the skin I suspect :sad:. Anyhow, I once read a thread here describing how to wrap the handles with bandages to help create a cushioning effect promising to resolve this issue (I think we can thank Docride for this tip!). Well, I finally did it and I can confirm that it works a treat! The handles are now super soft and the extra cushioning has reduced the indentations by 90%. The handles are slightly thicker but with no effect on wearability or ease of use.
Unfortunately, I was unable to find the original thread with Docride’s step-by-step instructions. Perhaps someone else might have better luck. Hope this helps others who might be experiencing similar issues.
Have a great week,

40134007-15F3-4061-B299-64CE187A5E18.jpeg

I posted this into the Twillys on Handles thread but thought the story might also be useful here too...

I have recently found that the handles of my Hermes bags are leaving large indents in my arms that seem to linger for many ‘embarrassing’ hours afterwards (a side-effect of aging and lost collagen in the skin I suspect :sad:. Anyhow, I once read a thread here describing how to wrap the handles with bandages to help create a cushioning effect promising to resolve this issue (I think we can thank Docride for this tip!). Well, I finally did it and I can confirm that it works a treat! The handles are now super soft and the extra cushioning has reduced the indentations by 90%. The handles are slightly thicker but with no effect on wearability or ease of use.
Unfortunately, I was unable to find the original thread with Docride’s step-by-step instructions. Perhaps someone else might have better luck. Hope this helps others who might be experiencing similar issues.
Have a great week,

View attachment 4024392

I read your post and have put bandage years ago around a B35 that I used for travelling (a heavy bag) and can confirm that Doc’s trick really kept the twillies from sliding, loosing up but also gave great comfort without adding more weight to the bag. Glad it gave relief to you and reduced the indentations [emoji3]

I read your post and have put bandage years ago around a B35 that I used for travelling (a heavy bag) and can confirm that Doc’s trick really kept the twillies from sliding, loosing up but also gave great comfort without adding more weight to the bag. Glad it gave relief to you and reduced the indentations [emoji3]
Thanks Serva, Doc’s tip really was a life-saver for me. My husband thought I was mad playing nurse, attempting triage with my handbags haha! The crazy things we do! And Yes... I can imagine it would be super helpful for a B35 too. Have a lovely day :smile:

Thanks Serva, Doc’s tip really was a life-saver for me. My husband thought I was mad playing nurse, attempting triage with my handbags haha! The crazy things we do! And Yes... I can imagine it would be super helpful for a B35 too. Have a lovely day :smile:

The men in our lives cannot always comprehend our passion and dedication about H bags [emoji3]Hope you have a lovely day too!

Reactions: buxus
Am I the only one who has been using the 25s so much more vs the 30s? Even DH noticed and suggested I rehome.... all he got was a death stare hahaha. Out with Gold b25 and beloved snake charm today

View attachment 4091095

Heres my b25 “family pic”... will love to see more pics from fellow 25 lovers :heart:

View attachment 4091096

Lovely B25 family and yes, I too carry my B25s the most.
Presenting fauve&ebene barenia and black swift [emoji3]

IMG_3460.jpg
IMG_1974.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg

Beautiful, could I ask whether you preferred the fauve or ebene Barenia? What’s your thoughts on both?

Thank you, fauve is a classic and I still love it a bit more. Ebene wasn’t love at first sight, because dark brown (too much 70s) isn’t a favourite colour and when I was presented the bag I only had a pair of overtheknee winter boots to pair it with. But the SA thought it would be great for me as I love barenia and politely declining a bag has never been difficult for me but I decided to sleep over night and contemplate. The result is I have never regretted buying this bag. The handles don’t darken as in fauve (don’t enjoy twillies anymore so much), the phw makes it a very modern bag and when I look at it now I think about really fine chocolate, not 70s at all.

My two nieces will inherit my bag so I do need two barenia B25s. If I had been given an option I would most likely have chosen black, blue or vert olive barenia but having ebene is good too, especially after seeing how much my older niece loves this bag (she is not keen on fauve at all). The bag came to the right home!

I’m very careful about not causing too much darkening of handles with fauve but ebene is very carefree in that sence and it is a great bag especially for fall and winter. Love having barenia options and hoping for more [emoji3]

Thank you, fauve is a classic and I still love it a bit more. Ebene wasn’t love at first sight, because dark brown (too much 70s) isn’t a favourite colour and when I was presented the bag I only had a pair of overtheknee winter boots to pair it with. But the SA thought it would be great for me as I love barenia and politely declining a bag has never been difficult for me but I decided to sleep over night and contemplate. The result is I have never regretted buying this bag. The handles don’t darken as in fauve (don’t enjoy twillies anymore so much), the phw makes it a very modern bag and when I look at it now I think about really fine chocolate, not 70s at all.

My two nieces will inherit my bag so I do need two barenia B25s. If I had been given an option I would most likely have chosen black, blue or vert olive barenia but having ebene is good too, especially after seeing how much my older niece loves this bag (she is not keen on fauve at all). The bag came to the right home!

I’m very careful about not causing too much darkening of handles with fauve but ebene is very carefree in that sence and it is a great bag especially for fall and winter. Love having barenia options and hoping for more [emoji3]

Your nieces are so lucky :smile: I really like the look of fauve smooth barenia, even if the handles darken it gives it character, fits the “look” of the leather. So few of the smooth barenia bags going around. When i bought the gold b25 recently i was offered the new grained barenia b30 too. If it was the smooth barenia in your specs it would have been a serious dilemma. Do you have a photo of the ebene b in better light pls? Will love to see it more clearly :flowers: