Ode to Silver

Your hands carry of your bracelets beautifully, elegantly. Looking forward to seeing your charm collection.
(P.S., "you betcha!" is Midwestern take on "you bet" which is a Midwestern expression of great enthusiasm).

Thanks for the compliment!

Got that thanks! Well people use that a lot in Asia too! ;) Thanks for the lesson on etymology! Espero que tengas un buen fin semana from Mexico! Meaning, “I hope you have a good weekend y’all!” (added a midwestern touch!) :coolio:

Reactions: eagle1002us
Dear Ladies,
Has any of you got the Chaine d'Ancre Enchainee pendant, small model?
I'd love to see some modelling shots, as I have ordered it sight unseen.
Code:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/chaine-d-ancre-enchainee-pendant-small-model-H109503Bv00/

Reactions: acrowcounted
I happened on one of these unique pieces last evening in London at the Selfridges Hermes. I had to make a rush decision whether to purchase it, as they were closing for the night. I did purchase the pendant, shown here:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/isthme-touareg-pendant-H052775FP00/

I've searched tPF Hermes threads under shopping, and I see very few posts of this item or related pieces in this collection. I was surprised to see it in the jewelry case, as I thought these were gone about a year ago.

I'd be interested in hearing more details about the artisans who created these pieces and the method they use to do so.

Attachments

• Hermes Isthme-Touareg-Pendant--052775FP00-crop-2-300-0-579-579.jpg
    Hermes Isthme-Touareg-Pendant--052775FP00-crop-2-300-0-579-579.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 875
I happened on one of these unique pieces last evening in London at the Selfridges Hermes. I had to make a rush decision whether to purchase it, as they were closing for the night. I did purchase the pendant, shown here:

I've searched tPF Hermes threads under shopping, and I see very few posts of this item or related pieces in this collection. I was surprised to see it in the jewelry case, as I thought these were gone about a year ago.

I'd be interested in hearing more details about the artisans who created these pieces and the method they use to do so.
Look on the Toureg pendant to see if it's marked 925 Ag. Ag stands for the French word for silver. I believe the Toureg pieces are silver plated, not sterling silver. But an SA insisted they were sterling. I asked to see the 925 mark and she couldn't find it quickly. So, maybe it's sterling, maybe it's not. I think not but since you have one you can tell us for sure.

I got a Toureg necklace at a bead museum like a decade ago. It's the same tribal design as H Toureg pieces. So they are available outside of H and probably a fair amount cheaper. Jes' sayin'. However, there certainly is cachet to H jewelry, I would be the last to deny that. So, you could build up a Toureg collection of H and non-H, should you choose.
Have a real tribal vibe going, that'd be cool and fun to wear.

I can't tell you about the artisans. I have books on ethnic jewelry but I don't recall seeing any material about Toureg. I thought -- and here I could be wrong -- that the Toureg people favor wearing a certain shade of blue, a medium, strong blue, distinctive and attractive, I think.

There is a video posted below that has a good overview of Tuareg silversmithing. Basicallyit is a lost-wax casting process, with traditional designs engraved after the object is taken from the mold, then the background is oxidized to give the design more dimension. Be careful cleaning your pendant: using silver polish or the awful silver dip will remove the oxidation. Best to wipe gently with a chamois cloth or a silver polishing cloth.

There is a video posted below that has a good overview of Tuareg silversmithing. Basicallyit is a lost-wax casting process, with traditional designs engraved after the object is taken from the mold, then the background is oxidized to give the design more dimension.

Thank you, @JolieS! This info is good to know!

My son and his fiancée designed her engagement ring and her wedding band. They were made using what he told me was a "lost-wax Egyptian casting process." And of course, there will be no one else with that design, since they -- mostly she, who is an artist -- custom designed it only for themselves.

Reactions: JolieS
Dear Ladies,
Has any of you got the Chaine d'Ancre Enchainee pendant, small model?
I'd love to see some modelling shots, as I have ordered it sight unseen.
Code:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/chaine-d-ancre-enchainee-pendant-small-model-H109503Bv00/
Have you received this item yet? Can you say how big the pendant is? I'm picturing it as small, maybe 1 inch, in size?