Scarves Ode to Parures de Samouraïs

On my hunt for the silk CW 05 I've phoned several German stores and in one store I was told that Hermès will reissue the Parures de Samourais in silk because it was so very succesful. I don't know what format it will be and how reliable that information is but I thought I might share it with you. If it's true, the CSGMs won't be the last we have seen of this lovely design.

Last edited:
On my hunt for the silk CW 05 I've phoned several German stores and in one store I was told that Hermès will reissue the Parures de Samourais in silk because it was so very succesful. I don't know what format it will be and how reliable that information is but I thought I might share it with you. If it's true, the CSGMs won't be the last we have seen of this lovely design.
This is wonderful news! :flowers:

Thanks so much! [emoji8][emoji254]
It’s a unanimous opinion among me and my SAs that orange makes me look...well, orange![emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] Peach/salmon is good, but once it gets to be a bit less pink and a bit more orange, it’s like there’s a point of no return...not a good look on me. [emoji15]

I’m in the same boat as you!

Reactions: Cygne18 and BBC

I have become such an H pessimist. My first thoughts when reading about a possible Samourai reissue this was:
1) Why doesn’t H reissue Ex Libris en Kimonos first???? Why? Why?
2) H will probably find a way to ruin it anyway by making weird color combos or tattoo designs. Remember the C’est la Fete CSGM?

I need to go think some positive thoughts!!!!

I have become such an H pessimist. My first thoughts when reading about a possible Samourai reissue this was:
1) Why doesn’t H reissue Ex Libris en Kimonos first???? Why? Why?
2) H will probably find a way to ruin it anyway by making weird color combos or tattoo designs. Remember the C’est la Fete CSGM?

I need to go think some positive thoughts!!!!

For you old timers out there - they have still NEVER reissued Rencontre Oceane and it was never made in a large format except mousseline. And some of us are still waiting for Tohu Bohu to make a return! Turandot only came in silk 90. And yet we get Chasse en Inde once a year and scarf mashups every season. So I really don't hold out much hope for a return of ELEK or a CSGM of Jardin Anglais or an actual cw of C'est la Fête. If any of this ever happens I will just be very happily surprised.

In the meantime, hoping this cw7 will work on me. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

For you old timers out there - they have still NEVER reissued Rencontre Oceane and it was never made in a large format except mousseline. And some of us are still waiting for Tohu Bohu to make a return! Turandot only came in silk 90. And yet we get Chasse en Inde once a year and scarf mashups every season. So I really don't hold out much hope for a return of ELEK or a CSGM of Jardin Anglais or an actual cw of C'est la Fête. If any of this ever happens I will just be very happily surprised.

In the meantime, hoping this cw7 will work on me. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

Lol... I asked my SA last year to make the suggestion to Corporate to produce a CSGM of Turandot!!!!! What a phenomenal shawl it would make!!!

Thank you for sharing such interesting news[emoji3]

Reactions: hopingoneday

I am interested on how they decide on reissues. Is there something about who owns what that makes reissue problematic? I can never understand why they don't reissue more of their more popular designs! And I don't think CeI is one of them! (Recontre Ocean, Turandot, ELeK, C'est...to name a few)

I forgot they had just reissued pegase, it was not my fav reissue....

I am interested on how they decide on reissues. Is there something about who owns what that makes reissue problematic? I can never understand why they don't reissue more of their more popular designs! And I don't think CeI is one of them! (Recontre Ocean, Turandot, ELeK, C'est...to name a few)

I forgot they had just reissued pegase, it was not my fav reissue....

Of course I don't know but I suppose when a designer works for Hermès, Hermès gets the full copyright and therefore the right to use and reuse the design or only parts of it at their own discretion. Which makes it even harder to understand why some popular designs never got a reissue. I mean, all that Hermès would have to do is take a look at this forum or at the reseller market. ELeK for example is ridiculously expensive - so obviously extremely popular. It would be so easy to find out what the customers are looking for.

I'm happy with the CSGM and the 90cm silk formats. I might be in the minority but I think a PdS in the 140cm silk would look somewhat overwhelming on me, especially if H reissues it in vivid colours.

I would love PdS twillies though! I hope H includes the shishi in it. :biggrin: ~wishful thinking~