Ode to Hermes Poncho

Hubby surprised me with yellow Hermes Rocabar, I'm in heaven. I actually wanted the blue one thinking yellow and mustard won't look good on me, but it's wonderful, really lights me up. I have my eye on Burberry color block blanket poncho which is also darker with blues and reds, so this way I would have 2 different colors. Now just wondering, is burberry poncho as soft as hermes? They seem to have almost same ratio (hermes: marino wool 90%, cashmere 10% while burberry 85% wool and 15% cashmere), but I can see from pictures burberry is thicker and looks stiffer, while hermes floas?

Any imput would be much appreciated..also if someone can upload different ways of wearing rocabar, would be great :smile:

ps. I'm not sure if I'm wierd but I find hermes poncho to be even softer than my 100% cashmere burberry scarf :amazed:

Reactions: mariacarla
Hello Poncho lovers, remember this one? I purchased it back in the early 80's at H in NYC. It is so soft, wool and cashmere. Might have to bring it out and wear it with the new B35 BF... Or you think I would look insane??View attachment 4206212

You’d be insane not to wear it , what a great piece and how it shows the longevity of Hermes pieces.
The design looks totally modern and fresh.
I’ll be wearing my Rocabar soon , and every year for the rest of my life !

Hello Poncho lovers, remember this one? I purchased it back in the early 80's at H in NYC. It is so soft, wool and cashmere. Might have to bring it out and wear it with the new B35 BF... Or you think I would look insane??View attachment 4206212

Oh my, what a stunning piece! A great reminder of how timeless H is.
It's not poncho weather yet where I live, but it's just a matter of weeks.

Not insane at all! When I saw your photo, before I read your text, I thought, "oops! One more item to add onto my wishlist!" This is so beautiful! Please wear it and with your BF B35, you'll be super stylish! Please share some photos with us when you wear them! :heart::heart: I'm also glad to know that my Rocabar will likely still look good in a few decades!