Scarves Ode to Ex-Libris en Kimonos

Thanks for starting this thread!

Just shared my colorway 05 in the Spring 2012 scarves thread....
Reposting all the pix here again. :smile:

P1010576_copyright.jpg

140cm Cashmere "Ex-Libris En Kimonos" in Camel/Bleu/Vieux Rose
(Ref#242630S05)

P1010520_copyright.jpg

Details and Close-Ups...
P1010519_copyright.jpg

P1010516_copyright.jpg

I love how the camel and light blue was matched together to make this scarf a neutral color to wear. And I am in love with the little purple and dark pink details on the scarf! This is my 1st choice color amongst the ones I shortlisted to buy.
P1010578_copyright.jpg

P1010592_copyright.jpg

And I am in love with the purple contrast hem against the red borders...:smile:))
P1010511_copyright.jpg

P1010537_copyright.jpg

Im with you BBC ... there hasnt been one cw I dont like and this is a first ... no matter how nice the shawls are there has always been colors I dont like ... I think Hermes should give those who buy all the cw a set discount! haha

Reactions: Emerald_Hyacinth
Chez Capri said:
Im with you BBC ... there hasnt been one cw I dont like and this is a first ... no matter how nice the shawls are there has always been colors I dont like ... I think Hermes should give those who buy all the cw a set discount! haha

I'm in!

Aaaaghh! I'm finding this very difficult. Anyone else going back & forth with all the pics?

When I saw mia's pics of #5 in her first post I literally couldn't breathe. The blood was rising to my face with excitement. OMG - The one! You know that feeling?
The colours are exactly right in the whole middle section. But when folded the colour of the waves really stands out with this design. I don't think I love the aqua waves with the rest of the shawl for my wardrobe. I think I'd be better off with darker waves, so I might be back to considering #3. I should print out & fold up that one as well to get an idea what it will look like.
Then of course there is the mysterious #7 to come, but from the cartoon pic it looks like it will also be very bright. Aaaaaghh again.

...cont

P1010580_copyright.jpg

P1010585_copyright.jpg

P1010525_copyright.jpg

P1010527_copyright.jpg

P1010531_copyright.jpg

P1010586_copyright.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! (Planning to buy colorway 07 next...hehehehe!)
Miacillan,

Thank you! Thank you for taking the time to share this. I am drooling over this shawl. I am so happy to finally see it in photos and hope that I get the chance to purchase this shawl. I have the PM 90 cm silk in the companion colorway. You have provided us with a great service and I really appreciate your effort to share these photos. I am truly grateful. I have looked at the (3) times now and I need to stop to go to work. Please continue sharing!!

Kindest Regards

Aaaaghh! I'm finding this very difficult. Anyone else going back & forth with all the pics?

When I saw mia's pics of #5 in her first post I literally couldn't breathe. The blood was rising to my face with excitement. OMG - The one! You know that feeling?
The colours are exactly right in the whole middle section. But when folded the colour of the waves really stands out with this design. I don't think I love the aqua waves with the rest of the shawl for my wardrobe. I think I'd be better off with darker waves, so I might be back to considering #3. I should print out & fold up that one as well to get an idea what it will look like.
Then of course there is the mysterious #7 to come, but from the cartoon pic it looks like it will also be very bright. Aaaaaghh again.

Does anyone else consider this design limiting in terms of season? How versatile is it say if you live in a colder climate with 4 seasons- would you feel comfortable wearing this shawl in fall/winter with the palm trees and the tropical bird? This is one of my concerns esp. with the GM- the waves and palm trees are so prominant. I live in SoCal and I feel this shawl is really just for spring/summer or perhaps cruise in the winter. I would not wear it in the fall or winter. Other GMs for s/s 2012 transition better imo- like the Tendresse and the Geometrie. Or maybe it is just me, but this is my opinion based on what I have seen irl. At these prices, I prefer to buy scarves/shawls I can wear throughout the year. I also have not seen a cw irl that I like.

Here's cw 07 prune/rose/violet. :heart:

Attachments

• EL en Kimono 07.jpg
    EL en Kimono 07.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 3,538
  • EL en Kimono 07 b.jpg
    EL en Kimono 07 b.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 3,514
  • EL en Kimono 07 c.jpg
    EL en Kimono 07 c.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 3,580
  • EL en Kimono 07 d.jpg