Not buying bags in 2021

No major bag plans this year. I reshaped my bag collection last year and bought some jewelry. A few weeks ago, DH and I bought a second apt, a prewar with substantial outdoor space. It was a covid bargain; and, it’s in dire need of a year long full gut conversion, reconstruction and complete redecoration. And, after that‘s completed we plan to do the same with our first one. So, 2021 will be about that :biggrin:
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you - and also sounds like a lot of fun! We're still contemplating on where to even look for a house to buy - it's been going on for over 3 yrs so I don't see anything happening this year either... :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: 880
No major bag plans this year. I reshaped my bag collection last year and bought some jewelry. A few weeks ago, DH and I bought a second apt, a prewar with substantial outdoor space. It was a covid bargain; and, it’s in dire need of a year long full gut conversion, reconstruction and complete redecoration. And, after that‘s completed we plan to do the same with our first one. So, 2021 will be about that :biggrin:
that's so exciting!

• Love
Um, I’ve already blown it. Ordered a LV Neverfull in DE. I don’t need it, but it’s one I didn’t have in my collection. I made it a whole two weeks into 2021! On a brighter note, I am actively trying to one in, two out. I have too many bags and am passing on the contemporary designer bags to my daughters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 880 and Mariapia
I said no more bags for 2021 but then in the first week of 2021 I ordered an Acne Studios Musubi bag that was on sale. I justified it by saying it's not a super premium designer bag (and it was less than $1000) so it's okay... haha

Apart from that, I'm pretty much at purse peace so I will be focusing on my jewelry collection and travel going forward. I have so many plans to travel to Asia once COVID is over, and we also need to go on our very delayed honeymoon to the Maldives.

My jewelry wishlist is very very long at the moment and unlike most handbags (unless you get into exotics), there is pretty much no cap on the price of jewelry. Sigh... the addiction is real.

like lucydee, i probably won't be buying new bags in 2021. I still have two bags unboxed from 2020 and don't wear my bags out as often now that I'm working from home half the time. Time to focus on appreciating the current collection before adding new bags.
Wow!

I mean no offense but do you mind me asking how come you didn't unbox them? I always hear people who say they haven't unpacked the stuff they bought and I can't understand it, primarily because I am a very impatient person and I will tear anything open right away. I just can't wait! Even if I don't use it, I like having it sitting out on the shelf and then I can play dress-up at home by myself haha.

Um, I’ve already blown it. Ordered a LV Neverfull in DE. I don’t need it, but it’s one I didn’t have in my collection. I made it a whole two weeks into 2021! On a brighter note, I am actively trying to one in, two out. I have too many bags and am passing on the contemporary designer bags to my daughters.
There was a price increase so you're justified! I've been wanting a Neverfull in my collection for ages but I rarely use tote bags now, and even if I do, I have a leather one I bought off an artisan from Etsy and also Longchamp totes from 10+ years ago. I feel like a Neverfull is a must have in a collection though, it's such a classic!

Reactions: Bethwithabagproblem
I have been expanding my collection over the past few years and now try to reduce to ones I truely love. I’ve got three for sale, boyy, staud and dolce and gabbana. This would put me at 7. My goal for 2021 is not to purchase anything that I wont love long term. I hope that I have enough restraint

I've still been buying handbags in both 2020/2021, but I don't only buy designer handbags from the well-known, mostly European, handbag designers that lots of folks seem to flock to. I'm familiar with designer handbags from other parts of this big world. So, my vast handbag collection of decades is very eclectic and from a collection of international designers.

• Love