no extra boxes at tiffanys...??

When I got my silver heart stud RTT earings fixed (The posts broken) they gave me a new cloth & box =]..
Then again I payed in total of $45 dollars for them to be repaired and to get new backs

I Just asked for a box the other day. The SA said no, only dust bags.. I was sad.. but it's just a box I guess.

How bout we buy something and return it without the box? LOL Think it'll work?

^^ hehehe

jadore, i'm sad to hear that your posts broke :sad: they were very fragile to begin with. i remember trying them on and they were bending already. gosh dang, 45 more bucks for new posts? :sad: argh!

When I got my silver heart stud RTT earings fixed (The posts broken) they gave me a new cloth & box =]..
Then again I payed in total of $45 dollars for them to be repaired and to get new backs

Jadore: my boys got me these for valentine's day. how long did you wear them before they broke? $45 seems like a lot of money for a repair. These are the earrings that are $125 retail, right?

SAs are told not to give out boxes or even bags actually. I think it may be different when you go in to get a piece cleaned because they know it's yours and usually put it in a dustbag and box for you when they return it to you.

Ive been trying to get a double ring box from them forever. I have two rings that I stack, bought at the same time, and have two individual boxes, and they wouldn't give me just one double ring box!

My understanding is that the company's general policy is to only give out boxes with purchases--no extras. If you look on ebay there are people who actually sell boxes, ribbon and bags from Tiffanys!

If you get "extras" from a SA, they're doing you a favor. But the general company policy is no extras!

Yea I actuallyoffered to give them the others back at the time of purchase and she wouldn't do it. Im still mad I bought from her in the first place because she was snotty.

Yea I actuallyoffered to give them the others back at the time of purchase and she wouldn't do it. Im still mad I bought from her in the first place because she was snotty.

Aww, well that is very annoying. I wonder what the response would be if you went to a customer service rep. I don't know why it's such a big deal especially if you're asking when you bought something. It's ridiculous that she wouldn't help you out!

I worked at the main store in NYC and tourists would come in begging me for just a small size tiffany bag. They would even ask me what was the cheapest item that they could get just so they could get the bag! I gave out plenty of bags even though some SAs were nasty and say you're not supposed to. You're selling a brand here and if you have to give away a few bags or boxes to make people happy (especially customers) then you do it! Your request was for a box for rings you had just purchased so I think it's crazy that she wouldn't honor that. What a jerk!

Eh, it makes sense. If they gave out boxes, people who sell fake Tiffanys would be in there all the time to make their products seem more "real," you know?
I agree. If anything, I think they would with-hold extra boxes because of replica re-sellers.

I do also agree that it depends on the SA. If they see that you don't look like some replica-pusher, I don't see why they wouldn't give you an extra box.