No date code (serial number) in Valentino Rockstud spike bag?

From what I read, Valentino uses RFID tags to avoid counterfeits that's why newer bags don't have serial codes. They include the little envelope in the bag with the pamphlet stating this for authentication. I think they started doing this for newer bags 2018 and above.

Last edited:
I've owned a number of authentic Valentino bags and I think there's a type of bag made of thicker sort of pebbled leather that does not come with serial numbers. The leather tends to be thicker than the softer Valentino leather. It has a pebbled texture on the outside (not smooth) and it's unlined (no fabric on the inside).

Then there's the buttery leather type that comes with fabric lining and that type of bag always has serial numbers.

I hope this helps. It's just my experience.

This makes sense because I have a grained leather bag, and it DOES NOT have a serial tag. I purchased it directly from Valentino. I was told that not all styles have a serial tag.

From what I read, Valentino uses RFID tags to avoid counterfeits that's why newer bags don't have serial codes. They include the little envelope in the bag with the pamphlet stating this for authentication. I think they started doing this for newer bags 2018 and above.
Is the RFID tag sewn into the leather??? Is it visible?

I would advice if you still have them, look after the small envelopes, in those you can see that the bags could have NFC microchip for authentication. I'm not sure when Valentino started this, but I got one bag with serial number and two with micro chip.